The other night I was reading an older post on how to build a DWC set up, I was that baked I can't find it again, it was a fantastic tutorial with great pic's, too baked to bookmark the page :nono:

Anyhow, this is the setup I have decided to go with, I have now gathered all of the required equipment and should be ready to go in the next week :peace:

I have some seed on the way from Nirvana, but the only thing that concerns me is how the seedling will get water & nutes being so high up in the medium??

The only other thing I need to know is what is the optimum temp to keep the water at??

My setup will be a 4 pot system growing Supergirl and PPP!

Cheers!

Canaman

Your going to have to hand water till the roots start growing out. 3-4 times a day. The hydroton does keep moist via capillary action so the bursting bubbles will do that.

Aim for around 22'C.

Using a Hydrogen Peroxide product such as Oxyplus or HySan will also allow you to run even higher res temps which will produce roots faster as well as keeping the bacteria that attack roots under control

Rhyztonic is an awesome product, so is Cannazyme. Those 2 should be used together to produce a healthy root mass. I've not tried those 2 in deep water but I use Cannazyme from time to time and it is good shit. The addition of beneficial bacteria would be useful in that situation.

Using the H202 products is the other way to go. All bacteria, good and bad is wiped out so once you start using it you must continue for the rest of the grow or risk exposing the roots to infection. Normally add every 3 days.

The H202 products should not be used with any organic style nutrient additives as they will just destroy the bacteria that those products stimulate.

Instead of hand water, like oz said depending on how you grow there are a few alternatives. A small pump set up to turn on every 2-3 hours will work fine, just use that till the roots hit the water