Homemade Vape Using Facial Sauna

Hey guys i found a facial sauna at the local $2 shop. It said it "heats up oils to provides vapors". Naturally my next thought was how to exploit this product for cannabis use. So i came up with some basic idea that i use the top of a plastic bottle and attach a bag to the top. Although this particular vaporizer does not have temp control, i have the gist of how it works and after about 3 minutes the herb goes brown and a steam-like substance is released.

I have been experimenting with it extensively and i found that if i switch it off after about 2 minutes and then leave it for about 3 minutes afterwards, the herb's essences are vaporized and are stored in the bag. Obviously to inhale i just remove the modular bottle top and suck from the bag.

I found that i get a fresh mint feeling with a cannabis taste (after asking around apparently this is what vapors taste and feel like)

So after all that i found that i created a fairly cheap and quality vaporizer.

I am still interested in products like the volcano, but to be honest i don't have the cash, so this will suffice.

The high itself ranged from mild to average, but i enjoyed it better than a bong as it feels like an energy boost to the mind rather than melting my brain like the bong does.

If anyone has any input regrading my design please do comment. Maybe i have design flaws, please give me criticism!

Below are some photos of the contraption.

post-5-1217490890_thumb.jpg post-5-1217490858_thumb.jpg post-5-1217490924_thumb.jpg post-5-1217490959_thumb.jpg post-5-1217490993_thumb.jpg post-5-1217491034_thumb.jpg

Well done Joel,thats brilliant.I can see a fair bit of work and thought went into that.I too love that clear,full of energy,soaring high from vaporizers.

To be honest it was about a 2 hour job, once i worked out the kinks. I was just lucky the ring size on the vaporizer matched the bottle neck size...i just used tape as a sealant.

i encourage everyone to go to the $2 shop and suss out some facial saunas :thisbig:

Mate much respect for thinking out side the box and putting something together that is cheap and actualy works, the only thing i would be a little warey of would be the tape on the bottom of your bottle that you used to make it a snug fit, if the glue on that tape was to liquify and then vape with your weed i dont even want to think what the out come would be to your lungs and other vital organs...

but as i stated awsome design

...the only thing i would be a little warey of would be the tape on the bottom of your bottle that you used to make it a snug fit, if the glue on that tape was to liquify and then vape with your weed i dont even want to think what the out come would be to your lungs and other vital organs...

but as i stated awsome design

Yes i have also considered that...i'm still trying to figure out another way to make it a snug fit...

other design considerations is maybe a glass cup upside down and maybe i could drill a hole on the top where i can insert a tight fitting hose?...isn't glass meant to be better for vapes anyways?

thanks for your comments though...much appreciated.

Yes i have also considered that...i'm still trying to figure out another way to make it a snug fit...

other design considerations is maybe a glass cup upside down and maybe i could drill a hole on the top where i can insert a tight fitting hose?...isn't glass meant to be better for vapes anyways?

only advise i can give you with that mate is to make sure you use heat/shock ristant glass i think its called bristal glass or be prepared to have it shatter in your face... take it from someone that had alot to do with fucking around with that type of shit and had some glass literaly shatter in my face..... I have a very nice scar on my lip for the rest of my life to remind me if your gonna do something do it properly...

have fun and be safe and as said b4 respect for thinking outside of the box :thisbig:

I don't know what happens to the plastic in the bottle at 180 degrees celcius, but I am guessing it's not so bad, since the plastic used for food and beverage products is safe at high temperatures. But that doesn't apply to the plastic bag. Instead of a plastic bag, I would use an oven baking bag. it looks just like a plastic bag but is intended for cookin at temperatures higher than 180 degrees.

As for the connection to the heating element, for safety you could swap the bottle for a stainless steel funnell. It's got the shape you are looking for.

Here's an example of one on ebay: Professional Stainless Steel Funnel 105mm with Strainer