Plant too tall

My plant has been flowering for about 3 weeks now and has almost doubled in size - not a good thing, considering my limited grow space. I've got some 'bonza bud' growth regulator which i know can limit plant growth, but i'm not sure whether i can use it at this stage of the grow cycle. (it came without instructons). Anyone used it and can let me know if it's a good idea?

Cheers.

post-8222-1217089009_thumb.jpg

if bonza bud is a pgr like rockjuice i wouldnt use it. instead you should train the plant down using low stress training. thats just tying string around a branch and gently pulling it down until it feels like it doesnt want to go much further. once tied down for a day most branches can be pulled down again as the cells of the plant just need some adjusting time so dont freak out if you cant get them down far enough the first time round as you can generally repeat the process a few times :thumbdown:

WDC pretty much sums it up, pgr's will limit stretch and give more compact buds, but from what I have read on them they also decrease trichome production, which cant be a good thing, and are carcenogenic. LST will do the job just as well if not better as you can increase the number of fully developed buds as well as limiting height. imo (looking at your pic) a scrog screen would have been the way to go in there, but bit late now.

Aside from that, nice cfl grow you got going there :thumbdown:

THC

Started tieing her down today and instantly gained about 4 inches headroom - thanks for the advice guys !

Can anyone point me to a good thread with pics of how to lst properly? I've tied the main stem down but am unsure as to how i should proceed with the other branches. I'll post some pics later of my handywork.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...16&start=16

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...18560&st=40

You've left your run a bit too late to scrog easily now, plus that lamp doesn't have the grunt of a hps. I'd definately tip the plant, don't worry about how far into flower it is, they get tipped later than that and still do alright.

:thisbig: I reckon I'd consider cutting the main stem off just below the main tip and drop that lamp right on top of the centre of the plant.

Just a thought :peace: