Beginner set-and-forget grow

I have the option of picking up a few seeds soon and was wondering, since I don't want to grow in my home myself, what the bare minimum for a set-and-forget grow op is.

My current hope is to crack the seeds at home, then transplant into a bit of soil off the beaten track in a bit of bushland. I'd probably do it in spring, say early September with the seedlings being a couple inches tall if that.

The name of the game is minimalism, so I was hoping to get away with:

Carry a couple of 2-inch seedlings, a tiny spade, a tiny bag of soil [enough for a fist-sized pocket around each seedling] and a bottle of water. Go find a nice shady spot where nobody will find it, transplant the seedlings into the soil, give it a bit of a water, and come back every month or two. I'm not hoping for yield or potency, I'd just find it interesting to give it a go. Is this the bare minimum to give a natural weed its fighting chance, or are chances good I'll come back in a month and find it gone/dead?

i think a set and forget grow is very do-able a key to my plan is to use a auto flowering variety from canada it flowers irrespective of day length this will allow you to plant at a time of year that will provide enough natural rainfall and warmth eg spring - depending on where u live in the country. also the auto flowers are dwarf and very fast flowers allowing for short life cycles which again means u can plant so that natural conditions are best.

And as for the ignorant comment - "wouldnt we all can u survive without food and water?" has this user observed any bushland lately? furthermore weed is one very very tuff plant. i think weed dies more often from over love then under love.

Of course you can set and forget.

Obviously it won't be as good as a well looked after plant, but it can be done.

This plant was vegged to about 20cm tall and then planted in the bush.

Only soil prep was turning some sawdust and rat shit through it. After that it didn't recieve one feed or water.

post-15017-1217448678_thumb.jpgpost-15017-1217448695_thumb.jpg

This took at least three months to flower.

Good luck dude.

Nice but not enough direct sunlight mate, which is why the internode length is so high and the relatively low density buds (did the same thing when I was younger & inexperienced with guerrilla grows).

Lack of direct sunlight will also be detrimental to potency & quality, though it may still be a nice smoke, depending on the breed. Pick spots where trees won't shade them too much. I take a compass with me when choosing spots for special plants so I know where the sun will be when it's getting to the end of the cycle.

*Anyhow, and more importantly, it's FREE (besides the cost of the scenic drive to harvest it) :unsure:

Good luck to all Guerrilla Growers & don't leave it until it's too late !!

PS: Pre-Soaked water crystals have saved way many of my set & forget grows - it gets too hot & too dry here sometimes.