SA bans hydroponic equipment

This is so bad. These laws will put so many hydro shops out of business. As it's been mentioned, these businesses pay tax and employ people. And what about people who live in inner city and high rise apartments? A lot of them would be growing their veges and herbs under lights, because of lack of soil space. I can't believe that we could be so over governed.

has this thing actually passed? because I can tell you this there's a thing called "Australia post" and having a mate ship you the stuff interstate. Either that or private courier. This isnt going to put a dent in shit. I can order pepper spray from WA for 60 bucks legally but once it gets into NSW its illegal, doesnt stop me from getting it even though its illegal.

the government needs to pull its head firmly out of its ass.

as i understand the law in SA its anyone who has a hid light or carbon filter for his personel supply of Cannabis, it is he that the authorities want to imprison for up to two years! .. its not the lights themselves that are illegal

the possesion of hid light and / or carbon filters can be considered illegal by authorities unless one has a lawful reason to have these items in his posession other than to grow Cannabis, if convicted maximum penalty is Two Years jail or $10,000 fine

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0...24-2682,00.html (July 2008, Adelaide Advertiser)

Mr Atkinson said banning the hydroponic equipment had been identified as the best way to attack the drug trade, which predominantly involved bikie gangs.

"It's no secret that those who have these items aren't planning to bake biscuits for the Girl Guides," he said.

The Government was confident it could "make a big dent" against the drug trade with the new laws, which already had been passed by State Parliament. (July 2008, Adelaide Advertiser)

:blink:

I've talked to a few hydro store owners as they gave me the heads up. The laws are unenforcible and the items won't be illegal unless used for illegal purposes. The problem is though, now if you buy a lamp from hydro stores you have to produce ID and they take down all your details for the cops to go through at will, random raids hooray!

I've talked to a few hydro store owners as they gave me the heads up. The laws are unenforcible and the items won't be illegal unless used for illegal purposes. The problem is though, now if you buy a lamp from hydro stores you have to produce ID and they take down all your details for the cops to go through at will, random raids hooray!

So its offically a scare tactic. :blink:

everyone get back to growing, the government are pulling their dicks.

It's the same old BS politics! Even if they completely banned hydroponic shops in SA, is there really anyone on the face of the planet so incompetent that they actually believe it would stop anyone from accessing hydro equipment?

I mean there's the online shops, but also a person could drive from Adelaide to mildura and back again in less than 10 hours.

The only scare tatic I can see here is the fact that the same people that come up with this shit are the same people that run our country, now that's a scary thought!

it seems to me the only people who get into politics are the psycho relgious zealtots or the far right wing nutjobs... or communist extremists.

Where's the average joe?... we seriously need a dude like ron paul in Australia.... he's probably the only sane politician on the planet.