thanx for the responce WDC loved reading the part about the road kill smell... a friend of a friend made his own strain and calls it "sweaty socks" one wiff of some of the dried buds and its pretty obvious why.. lol

i would mainly be looking at making a indica dominant strain cause of the hight issue related to sativa... also i just think the indica daminant plants just look fuck'n sexy as hell.. which is wierd cause i hate couch lock when i do smoke which isnt very often.. think i have only ever tried a sativa smoke only once... smelt and tasted lemony

hehe i have a mate who gets stuff occasionally which is the same. We call it old socks here but never the less there is no better description of the smell.

Perfecting that strain is never ending if you require perfection.

indeed, when will it ever be perfect ?? i mean seriously you can continue working on this your whole life, but the overall idea bill was getting at is that for it to be a STRAIN as such you will need to stabilise it otherwise in essence it is just a hybrid with really confused genetics.

my very own creation :D

testing it out this season :(

*drools* shrromy that looks like a tasty mix... How well do the auto flower traits pass on when mixed with a non-auto variety ???

i am hoping in my next run to start my own small attempt at hybridizing and then stabilizing some strains. As i have few plants to choose from i will be doing the following. Reveg SSH and cross with best LUI dad as well as growing out as many LUI girls as i cna fit. I will clone all the girls at the earliest possible opportunity, flip em, taste test.. then work out which had the best stone/growing style. Clone and flip the clones, pollenating the best girl of the bunch.

plan to continue backcrossing the SSH x LUI with the LUI dad who i will keep alive through cloning etc. taking the best outta the babies and doing the same over and over. For me growing is more about this kind of thing than anything. Experimenting and finding out what i can do/create :D

by this time the SSH seeds SHOULD be done can get them in the ground. the LUI dad will stay downstairs under fluoros, veg under 250MH(if i can aford) in spare room and 400 for flower in the shower :(

edit: gotta leave seeds to sit for a bit dont you ??? that mite make things a bit slower

ive noticed there is a few ppl on OS that grow LUI or LUI crosses so id just thought id mention that the LUI is dead, to be no more.. the LUI dad died a few years ago apparently and the last of the seeds are sold.

There is a LUI13 that has just been released which is lui x pacific G13 that was bred for the Ortega pheno.. description reads heavy narcotic stone and cash crop yield. fc.

I havent created many strains but ive made a quite a few f1s and f2s.

someone said in an earlier post that they back crossed for 7 generations and wondered why the seedstock lost its vigor, well thats cos your strain axapted to its environment. once u have your desired traits you should backcross to the P1.

The best 3 strains ive crossed were malawi x hawaiian/NL5, durban/thai/swazi x pakistan/malawi and superskunk/afghaze x black widow.

I would like to cross critical mass with malawi or thai. i love their highs and tastes. to achieve the potent high with a large yielding 8-10 week strain would be really nice, especially in the greenhouse.

peace

yeh i like to think all of us arent breeding but we are .. he he hahah the fundamentals of life ,, all you need to breed is knowledge of phenos and varietys and the nose and taste for flavours. not very hard we can all make our own personal "superweed" mine is this massive two metre tall long internode pineapple smelling sativa dominant appollo13/ crossed with the real densely brached and short internode yet sativa dominant and really early flowering version of tasmanian outdoor blue berry . am i specific yes i am but i dont care what you think . my cross has big coconut fuck off seeds and is angry as fuck not like the shitty little poo feminized seeds we get from the net.

next year after im done with golden nugget i will pick the fattest pheno from this and take it indoors for some manipulation then take it out and begin my first masssive producing sweet tasting cold climate original.

Edited by psychoresin