soil mixes

lol Hey Kezz, I've been mixing 2 bags of this soil mix (65 ltr bags) to 1 bag of 5 in 1 fertilizer (30 ltr bag). I was adding perlite but havn't for a while now and don't think it's made much difference. I use clay balls or gravel in the bottom of the pots to help drainage. I mix it and let it sit for a few weeks befor I use it normaly.

post-7617-1215949357_thumb.jpg post-7617-1215949404_thumb.jpg

Peace MongyMan

Hi kezz,

I switched to organic a couple of years ago and haven't looked back, although sometimes I wish I had. Yields probably aren't as good as hydro but its easier and I enjoy it more. Also if I get busted at least I wont get done for hydroponic cultivation.

I use the same searles 5 in 1 that mongy uses but i mix a third of that with 1/3 coir (coco peat) and a 1/3 potting mix called Organix (organic potting mix). I use plain water mostly but also some liquid worm wee and liquid Organix harvest when I reckon it needs it. I used to use just a worm casting and coir 50/50 mix but can't seem to get a worm poo lately.

Good luck with it kezz.

Well strike me down boys, over here in South Aust i have never seen Searls mix ,it must be a local thing, but having said that what i use is not bad. It may take a bit longer than hydro to do but soil is WAY better for the smoke and thats a fact.

Lets keep this thread goin as i just love a good soil grow. The diff in time from hydro to soil is only about 2 and a bit weeks but who's counting. 420.

Well strike me down boys, over here in South Aust i have never seen Searls mix ,it must be a local thing, but having said that what i use is not bad. It may take a bit longer than hydro to do but soil is WAY better for the smoke and thats a fact.

Lets keep this thread goin as i just love a good soil grow. The diff in time from hydro to soil is only about 2 and a bit weeks but who's counting. 420.

I am using 50/50 worm castings in pig manure and mother earth organic soil. Just a light water every morning. Seasol on transplanted plant.