Ventilation ?

Hiyas again,

Iv read alot about the need for ventilation in grow rooms, and i pretty much understand it, but my curious mind never rests and i need to know more.

I got one main question about it, how does one know they have the perfect or imperfect balance of outtake/ intake? Iv got an idea but wasent sure so thought ild run it past you guys.

Im thinking, apart from the fresh air all plants need, does the humidity and temperature play a role? i mean, im 99.9% sure they do, so if i had a temp and humidity monitor in the room is that the way to figure out what you need?

From what i understand, the Optimum Tempeture is between 20/30 degrees, and humidity 40/60% .

Anyway, so my main quarry is, is the best way to determine the the right amount of Ventilation based on if the system will help "moderate" these temps and humidity??

hope it makes sense :peace:

Thanks any advice.

Peace

Well I think realistically you will never be able to get the perfect intake/outtake ratio.

I'm used to the same kinda problem when I was building my PC. But always with growing weed your going to want more outake than intake because for obvious reasons asuming you have a CF or odorsok your going to want as much air possible in your enclosed area pulled through your extraction fan, because regardless of how much air your pushing into the tank, any air that's going to be picking up the smell in your enclosed are is sucked through the CF or odorsok which means there is no possible overflow of air.

The best way I figured it in my case was I had

4x 120mm fans and 1x 200mm fan in the case

2 120mm at the front, 1 120mm on the side and 1 120mm on the back

1 250mm fan is on the top.

Using math's its pretty simple to calculate your requirement.

All the 120mm fan's spin the same speed 1600rpm =1.59m3 /min

and the 200mm spins at 600rpm which = 3.07m3 /min

Intake

2 at the front

1 side

Outtake

1 200mm top

1 120mm back

1.59 x 3 = 4.77m3 /min suction

3.07 + 1.59 = 4.883m3 /min extraction

therefore the extraction is slightly greater than the suction. Which is generally what you want.

I could not find a link to give you a guide on how fast your fan's may be operation, but I hope your extraction fan came with a box or you could research the kind of fan it is and be more spacific.

If all else fails you can do a fail-safe method.

basically if we have a wardrobe we can make a little hole small enough to seal.

or if you have a way of making air come out of an external source thats even better. Just put your hand or finger up against it and feel if there is any airflow going out of the cupboard. If there is you got a problem, otherwise i'm pretty sure you will be sweet. but in the end of the day its always good to seal your holes, if you find any. As long as your holes are covered and your outtake is a bit stronger than your intake, but its a little flexible on either way depending on your situation I guess.

Well I hope that helped you mate. I thought no one replyed for two month's so I would give you two month's worth of reply's :peace:

- cyclone