Cheap Co2 method

DrGreen

If you have the space and can do this without raising attention of neighbours a good way of providing c02 enrichment is to shut down lights and fans and gas them with a lawnmower or rideon lawn mower as its in a confined space and omits nice amounts of co2 to plants.Turn fans on about 30 mins after carbon has settled(leave mower on near grow space for say 15mins.

G'day , there is a way to do it useing bakeing soda and vineger , by setting up a drip system you can control the amount of vineger that drips into the bakeing soda so that way you can get a constant amount of gas being prodused , I tryed this but instead of useing the drip system i mixed it up in a plastic cup and moved the cup over the plants ( be carefull that you don't spill any ) I don't no if it works well but anything is worth ago .

:rolleyes:

Wacked

Any form of brewing (home made beer and wine kits), produces carbon dioxide. These methods are usually more efficient when used with seedlings and post cloning vegetative starts.

Ghantrade.com has released a product called Co2 Enricha which is also efficient for small grows @ around $33 a container (33 applications = $1 a pop).

I've been mixing up a sachet of yeast, with a cup of sugar and 5 or 6 cups of warm water into a 2 litre PET bottle with a small hole drilled out of the lid for years. Works great. Give the bottle a shake when u think of it to get it boiling a bit. Don't bother turning off the fans, in fact utilise them. Put the PET bottle under the canopy of the plants and as the fan draws it up and away, it's gotta pass over the plants leaves.

If you want to try another way silicone a piece of air tube to the lid, after drilling it out. Now u can have the Co2 delivered where-ever you want, including into the humidty tent for the clones through one of the vent holes.

Mix another batch when the old one dies. You'll see it stop bubbling, or just routinely change about every fortnight.

rob

hey all

i tried that yeast and disovled sugar method but made an awful sticky mess (and got myself quite frustrated). anyways.. i was jus curious if those soda bulbs of co2 for soft drink carbonisation would do the trick. i got a soda syphon and was thinking of taping the 'trigger' down jus enough so it leaks gas.

(my grow area is tiny 40/35/30cm)

Pete

Hey fellas,

before you stink up the place... gas or poison yourselves, and/or your plants, why not invest in a computerised gas injector ? It only costs a couple of ounces and it will more than pay for itself in your next harvest.

This ingenious device will automatically work out how much CO2 you will need after you enter the size of your growroom. It will only inject CO2 when the lights are on and it works in cycles.

My growroom is 3x2x2 metres

When the lights come on it starts the exhaust fan and runs it for one minute then turns the fan off.

Then it injects 1500 ppm CO2 into the growroom for 1min 14 sec (all worked out by the computer chip)

NOTE- more than 2000 ppm CO2 will kill your plants.

A small oscillating fan keeps the CO2 moving around the room and over the plants.

After 45 mins the exhaust fan comes back on to get rid of the old atmosphere and it starts another cycle all over again.

All the settings worked out by the computer can be overiden eg. longer exhaust time, less gas injected ect.

The amount of CO2 in the room is not harmfull to humans so you can work in there without falling over.

In the dark period the exhaust fan comes on at preset times or it can run continually, its your choice.

Before I bought my unit, I tried the vinegar/soda thing, used up all the gas in the BBQ and got in the shit off the missus then went and sprayed the plants with the CO2 fire extinguisher out of the shed.

I think it helped some but what a drama it was, all I do now is set and forget and I can really notice a difference in the growth rate.