What's wrong with my baby?

Hi everyone,

Last Tuesday I picked up a Super Skunk x Blueberry clone. (or that was what I was told and believed it :P

Any way After a few days she has started to get light brown/yellow curled edges and the lower leafs has started to look terrible.

I'm sure the nutes are right,, I think lol . However,, the instructions labeled on the "Advanced Nutients- Sensi Grow" state I add 1.8Ml per litre (600PPM)

When I follow their instructions it adds up to about 800 to 10000! ppm (0.7)

I've limited it to about 1ml to achieve 600-800ppm is this too high still for the little babies? should I drop it down more?

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong to her.

I have attached a couple of pics showing the babies and the truncheon reading?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by marty

P.S I have had the drip running every 2hours then I diminished it to about 6 times a day.

However I hope I've doe the right thing, but I switched the pump off, and will spray the leaves from now on until the rockwool cube is dry.

How many times should I spray a day? and will this save her?

if you spray the plant to much it will mess your plants leafs up,they will become dry and brittle.i would flush & lower the EC down to 0.7 for a few + days and see how the plant looks then.

try watering less often too,maybe your over watering them a little ?

i would spray the plant no more then once a day just before lights out lol

this could be under feeding but i am not to sure.have you tryed testing the water from the rockwool cube ?,i mean sucking some water up from the rockwool cube using a Syringe & then testing that water for PH & EC,

when my plants are not looking so good i find that the water PH in my rockwool cube is way out,like PH 4.2 & EC is very high,much higher then what i was feeding it with,when this happens to me i lower the feeding EC and all seems to stay stable.

sometimes i find that the EC has dropped in the roockwool cube, say i feed it EC 1.2 and then when i tested the water from the rockwool cube it had a EC of 0.9 then i no for sure my plant is eating more food then its drinking water so i raise my EC until this stops happening.

i hope you get what i am saying.i have always done this & ive never had a plant die on me :P

Edited by biggerbuds

I fully understand what you're saying. Thanks mate I'll give that a try.

ATM the rockwool cube is stone dry. I'll spray her 1 time aday with a lower EC. I'm guessing soon enough the roots should be well out of the Rockwool..

Thanks in advance

hey marty this is what i was trying to get at

Control over Nutrition In a Substrate System

The practical way to reduce salt concentration in a substrate is to increase the amount of solution that leaches out of the substrate. As a plant transpires, it removes water and leaves behind salts. Applying excess fertilizer solution each time the plants are watered ensures that these salts are washed out. If the electrical conductivity (EC) in the substrate is high, you may want to leach up to 50% of the volume you add each time you irrigate. If the EC in the substrate is close to what you are feeding, then yot may want to leach less.

As a rule of thumb, irrigation should be short and frequent in order to maintain the solution level in the substrate at "field

capacity". For Grodan rockwool, this may be up to 20 times per day. The number of irrigations per day is dependent upon the envi ronment the plant is exposed to. On a hot, sunny day or on a day where the relative humidity is low, the plant will require a high number of irrigations. Under cloudy or high humidity conditions, conditions where the plant is not transpiring at a great ra te, the number of irrigations may be as low as 5 or even once a day.

The duration of each irrigation will determine how much leachate, and therefore the EC in the slab. Under normal conditions, the EC in the slab should be 0.2 to 0.5 mmhos/cm higher than that which is applied to the slab. Leaching 20% each irrigation will usually result in the proper level of fertilizer in the substrate, but again, this depends on how much the plants are transpiring. The amount of leachate is increased to decrease the EC in the slab, while a small amount of leachate will usually result in higher EC's in the slab. Proper control of water and fertilizer availability is critical to maximizing yield. ;)

i use the metal syringes to take my rockwool samples

Metal Needles for syringe

Professional growers know that accurate results for EC (fertilizer salts) and pH depend on how good a sample was taken. Taking a sample from your Grodan Gro-block or slab just got easier. These metal needles are used by the pros to take water samples deep from inside a stonewool Gro-block or Gro-slab. The insertion is smooth and less damaging to the plant. The needles are 4.5 inches long with two sampling holes at the tip. They fit most standard Luer-Lock™ 60 cc plastic syringes. Use the water samples that you extract to test for EC and pH for better control of plant growth.

i find by testing the EC & PH in the slab i have more control over things then if i was just to take readings from the holding tank res.you can fix a problem a lot quicker because you do not have to wait to see the problem show up in the holding tank.

i hope this helps

Edited by biggerbuds

the older leaves are almost dead ;) but 80% of the new growth looks lush and dark green despite a few burn edges and some minor curling. hopefully she lives!

I never grew from a slab of rockwool that huge before! keep my fingers crossed she survives