Fridge grow query

I recently converted a 2 door fridge into a mothers room, but have a heat problem ( a 400 Watt HPS sonti agro does that) so am using flouros while i decide which tact to take.

My initial thoughts were to increase the fan output by buying a new one when a friend suggested maybe i try a cool tube.

any thoughts appreciated.

hehe ev, go the big sucker :P

Hey larfin, although it's easy enough to get by without them, if you got the bucks I'd definately go a cool tube if your thinking of using a 400HPS. After inheriting :P a Grow fridge the first thing I did was cut bigger holes for more air, although I think Box has a thread here that shows the original twin 4inch fan setup with the 400HPS. I am taking the 400 out and putting a 250MH in, to use it to veg, spot on everest lol but an adjustable height cool tube, with a small centrifugal fan and an odor-sock would definately be money well spent :P

• Upvote 1

maybe a small 250 w metal halide , probs run cooler .. other than that big sucker of a fan . ;)

ev :)

Thanks for the input,everest, bufo marinus , the hole is already 12 inches ;) , but fan is lacking. i am planning to use it only as a mother home . I just couldn't get it under 35 degrees celsius no matter how i held my tongue ;). yeh i know what i gotta do was just hhoping for a miracle alternative . :) At the moment i am hanging a twin flouro which is keepin her stable but i know i am going to have to change that soon enough.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/872/pic0015ot9.th.jpg

i took the 400 out, while i decide what to do, it only has a few clones and a beginner mum at the moment so i have time to decide.i was thinking 35 was to hot, may give it an go and just see where the temp finally settles.

Think i will do what i have in other room , a bloody big fan :scratchin: and probably a cool tube when i find one.

here is my scrog in progress

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6672/pic0021zk0.th.jpg