Growing with 50/50 Perlite,Vermiculite

Theres nothing wrong with using vermiculite as a indoor soil less mix.For the last 15 years i`ve use a mixture of one third vermiculite,one third perlite and one third peat moss with a cup of dolimite lime thrown into every 20 litres.It works perfectly and ive never had any troubles.I got the mix out of one of Jorge Cervantes books back in the early ninties.This mix is great for hand watering.When the pots get light water them.Its a very easy mix to flush too if your having over fertilization issues.With this mix ive grown monster crops and been able to flood south east queensland with filthy dutch hydro.Give it a try ,you wont be sorry.

Mate ive used vermiculite on and off for 20 years and never had a real problem with it , two drawbacks maybe, it breaks down a little too quick and its ability to hold water is huge ... now i generally mix perlite and vermiculite and hand water always and that way i get up close and personel with all my plants on a daily basis, and thats gotta be a good thing ...

;)