Mud Buds

Well hasn't the rain been just great?

Great for ruining buds that is!

I went to harvest my guerilla grow today (just a bagseed plant for fun). I would have liked to leave it a week or two but seein as we are entering perfect mould weather, the time has come for harvest.

The recent heavy rain has managed to pound the shit out of my plant, and weigh it down with moisture.

With the buds being so close to the ground, the heavy rain has splashed mud over the buds which has now dried (the mud).

Some buds are O.K, but the rest I suppose I should try to water cure as that may remove the mud.

It just so happens that the largest and best buds were the ones that copped the most mud, what a downer!!

post-15017-1212722518_thumb.jpgpost-15017-1212722535_thumb.jpgpost-15017-1212722588_thumb.jpg

post-15017-1212722605_thumb.jpgpost-15017-1212722640_thumb.jpg

what i would have done is befor harvest

get a big 2lt pressure spray bottle and fill it with non sodium carbonated water (soda water) and use this to heavily mist all the buds in the middle of the day the effect of the bubbles and the water would lift alot of the mud and take it away similar to how they use club soda to get rid of stains

but anyhoo 2 ways you could go about it now they cut down 1. water cure as you said or hash the lot (if you have hash bags) leaving you some very noice hash to smoke instead of your weed

hope it all works out well for ya and ya buds

cheerz :peace:

Yeah that looks horrible.

In the 80s I grew a plant that turned hermaphrodite and was full of seeds. This wasn't considered the end of the world as seedless bud was just starting to take over the market. Anyway it rained for about a month before harvest and i used to check it about once a week. I finally decided to harvest and as I approached the plant I noticed the heads were a strange white colour. I got closer and found that all the seeds had sprouted while still in the buds due to being so wet. It looked crazy. There were hundreds of curled roots coming out of the buds about 2 cm long. I harvested but it was a total waste of time. What I ended up with was mouldy and incredibly week. I guess the rain had washed off resin glands as well as stuffing the harvest.

I like rain, just not in May.

snip...

.... I finally decided to harvest and as I approached the plant I noticed the heads were a strange white colour. I got closer and found that all the seeds had sprouted while still in the buds due to being so wet. It looked crazy. There were hundreds of curled roots coming out of the buds about 2 cm long.....

Now that would have been a sight to see! I could just imagine it now! :P

:peace:

Yeah that looks horrible.

In the 80s I grew a plant that turned hermaphrodite and was full of seeds. This wasn't considered the end of the world as seedless bud was just starting to take over the market. Anyway it rained for about a month before harvest and i used to check it about once a week. I finally decided to harvest and as I approached the plant I noticed the heads were a strange white colour. I got closer and found that all the seeds had sprouted while still in the buds due to being so wet. It looked crazy. There were hundreds of curled roots coming out of the buds about 2 cm long. I harvested but it was a total waste of time. What I ended up with was mouldy and incredibly week. I guess the rain had washed off resin glands as well as stuffing the harvest.

I like rain, just not in May.

thats fucking sweet, i wish i could have seen that