Diagnosis, yellowing and some black spots

Hey all,

post-16036-1212681784_thumb.jpgpost-16036-1212681823_thumb.jpg

My plants not looking as healthy as she was a week or so ago, the older leaves are yellowing and its only really the growing tips and small leaves that r green. Theres also some brown / black spots appearing in the middle of some of the leaves.

The plants red devil and its nearly 2 months.

This is my first grow and im not to sure whats going wrong, im feeding it usually every arvo when the soil appears dry and im using fish emultion and seaweed extract with my watering every 3rd day.

Any help and suggestions would be great - thanks

feeding it with what?, looks like too many nutes and too much water, just because the top of the soil is dry doesn't necessarily mean the pot is dry, try to lift it, if it is heavy, then it's too wet, now if you are putting powdered whatever you feed it with or even liquid not mixed in water you are going to have problems, if you are mixing it with water then that means the plant is getting watered every day, which is far too often for a soil based plant, anyway, the bottom line is, water when the plants needs it, not when you want to

cheers

ps, ph levels are critical with growing pot, in soil a ph of 6.0 - 6.2 of your nutes will get them happening, unless of course the soil already had nutes in it when you first put it in the pot, then i would suggest getting rid of it and replacing it with coco fibre, probably wouldn't be a bad idea to do that anyway, another thing, if you want help with problems it is wise to provide as much information as possible

Im feeding it with the recommended amounts on the bottles for the fish emultion and seaweed extract - there both liquids. I just add the amounts in with my watering can. I think i may have already had nutes in the soil because it was a new bag of the best potting mix i could find.

Whats coco fibre?

I got a soil ph testers from bunnings and the soil tests ive done come up a light green, i think thats around 6 pH.

Can my plant make a comeback or will those leaves stay green once i stop watering it so often?

Thanks for your reply blackheartprof very helpful :peace:

if these was my plants i would stop feeding them for a little while & just water them with plain water when the soil is 90% dry

after a few days i would give them halve strength feed,NOT full recommended amounts on the bottles.& see how they look then :wave:

coco is a waste product from coconuts,it holds more air then soil & this is better for the roots

good luck

If they were my plants i would stop feeding them the nutes all tougher for at least 4 weeks as the salts from the nutes build up in the soil and it will take a lil bit to wash it out so it stops burning ya plants and give them a good chance to come rite back.

Then i would feed it the nutes once a week max and u should do a lot better as there is a lot less chance of getting a build up of the salts and u wont burn ya plants...