hey all, at the moment im 3 weeks into flowering using canna Aqua,ive been running EC 0.9 for last few weeks,but last night i raised it up to 1.2 EC as i was told i was running my EC a little to low.anyways what im trying to find out is,how long will it take before i see the change on the plants ? if some how my EC is too high when will i see leaf tip burn & what not.

what changes should i be looking for in my plants,what are the first signs in the plants if the EC is to high ?

is it true that i should keep raising my EC little by little every other day untill i see slight leaf tip burn, then back off the food level just a little when i get tip burn and this should be my max EC ?

THANKS B)

hey all, at the moment im 3 weeks into flowering using canna Aqua,ive been running EC 0.9 for last few weeks,but last night i raised it up to 1.2 EC as i was told i was running my EC a little to low.anyways what im trying to find out is,how long will it take before i see the change on the plants ? if some how my EC is too high when will i see leaf tip burn & what not.

Yup, I usually look for burn in any new growth. A EC of 1.2 would be a good starting level

what changes should i be looking for in my plants,what are the first signs in the plants if the EC is to high ?

I'll usually look out for anything that looks unhealthy, either like a rust marks or burnt bits.

is it true that i should keep raising my EC little by little every other day untill i see slight leaf tip burn, then back off the food level just a little when i get tip burn and this should be my max EC ?

I'd imagine it'd be hard to properly observe on a daily basis, like the method you mentioned. Maybe every 3 day cycle possibly. But the way i do it, is raise it 0.2 on a weekly basis. With that method, i found usually catch 'n stop a problem, before it becomes a bigger one.

B)

EDIT: But all in all, considering to what stage this grow is at. I'd be inclined to take it to 1.2 and keep a eye on any new growth 'n reduce it it only if you do witness any burnt bits. Until it's time to flush. B)

Edited by Indycar

ok thanks Indycar, i have up nutrients to EC 1.3. i will look over the plant closely to see if i see any bad happen to it.

so if i see something bad happen to it at EC 1.3 should i flush with plain PH water or just lower the EC in the res ?

sorry about all these Q but i still got a lot to learn B)

Yeah 1.2 good point to start from B)

I have 2 mothers at the moment starting to get a bit of size about them. One is a heavy Indica, the other a very Sativa plant.

The different nutrient requirements of the 2 plants is obvious at the moment as they are both fed from the one nutrient mix. The sativa is quite happy around 1.2- 1.4, very green. The Indica though, is looking underfed B) with patchy yellow leaf in places. It looks like it will need something around the 1.6 -2.0 possibly even a touch higher to really make the leaf darken up :D

ok thanks,this has been a great help because now i no why my early pearl was looking nice and green & my hollands hope was looking not so good, they was both getting the same EC PH,i couldent understand it at the time,it done my head right in trying to find out what was up

now i no not to put 2 diffent strains together in the same NFT or feed them both from the same holding tank :peace: