Grafting a plant of various strains

Hey I'm really curious about how to make a plant with varrious strains on the one rootstock. Like you see citrus trees with mandarin, oranges limes or whatever; grafted all on one rootstock, I imagine the same can be done with grass can it?

I have limited space for parent plants, and if for no other reason than to "store" genes, and be able to reasonably quickly get a particular strain going, without having to go through seed sprouting, selection, culling bla bla bla...Once I've gone through that, why not graft a splice of the plant that was left after all the selection, onto a single vigorous rootstock and "shelve " it for when it's needed? Is this possible without mudling the whole thing up into some generic homogonised...nothing?..?

I recall someone on overgrow maybe saying something about it some years back, but I may be wrong. Then Gouger said something and it struck me what a grouse idea if it isn't some mad science to do it.

I've got a few nice strains I want to keep going, as I imagine most people do, but don't know just when I'll get around to doing a grow of "this or that". Be nice to have just the mother plants for what I'm doing now, and then have another "living file system" of a plant which could be accessed to change strains in as long as it takes to take a few clones. And not to mention keeping the over-all number of plants down. Less to care for fpr example, less power costs...a number of great reasons.

All I can think of on a down side (if it can be done) is all your eggs wil be in one basket, so you'd have to be extra careful with that plant. But imagine if the shit hit the fan, and you had to pull a crop. U could stash a single plant at a mate's place and keep all ya genes. If you have to go away, just one plant to set up on an automatic watering system. Some decent benifits of it is able to be done. And even if all your eggs are in one basket, how many times have you done away with a strain because of lack of space, only to regret it. So we loose strains all the time now, simply to safety sake and room sake.

So, anyone know if and how to do it?

cheers

rob

irey seedy

yes it is posible to graft cannabis

yo!!!!!!

that would be a very interesting experment

imo

your plan should work fine

as long as the mother plant is happy

you have your bio geen bank

very clever

cannabis seed is only viable for 2y

so if you can keep her happy longer than 2y youll be doin allright

bro

tell i

in an ideal enviroment,

how long could you keep ya bio geen bank alive????????

true

you would need to be in a very stable enviroment to set diss up in,

have power fail safe back ups,

be on call 24/7/365 till the plant becomes redundent

woow

datz dreadication

nuff raspect to bro seedy

every time

yo

there is many simple ways to graft

get a book

i have

the grafter's handbook by g j garner its a standard from my ag collage dayz

it a bit old now

a quick google would show up more up to dat info

however

after a quick browes thru the book

may be

x splicing might be easy for you

im only guessing really

there so many way of grafting

google image for pix on different grafting styles

guidance

This an interesting subject, but because MJ is an annual and not a perennial plant problems "may" occur

true

imo

control of photo preiodism is crucial for this project to succeed

veg cycle must be maintained till the graffs fully take and the plant recoveres from the pruning

this could take quite some time and expermintation to perfect

for a bio geen bank this is a viabale concept

for a 1 plant grow set up there much bigger problems to overcome

some disadvantages to consider

very time consuming

you need fresh cuttings from all the different varieties you want to graft all at the same time

or consectively

either way

time in veg will be extensive till she is ready to put in bloom

pluss

the shock from the graffs will take lotas tlc to nerse her thru

however at this point with a detailed management plan

she is quite a saleable product

fe real

:bongon:

then

bloom cycle has it own special requierments which need interment management plans

nuff raspect

you have the dreadacation to forward inta uncharted waters

put your dreams to reality

i hafe love and support dat

everytime

1 way to overcome dis delemor is at end of every harvest

you could add some graffs and then reveg her

slowley

you could build up the different varieties pon the 1 root stock

but you still need availability of fresh cuttings at crucial times

so you could grow them all out door and still only have 1 plant under hydro

timming is crucial tho

irey guidance

I think it is a great idea as a mother at least to cut down on how many plants are required.

I have done a graft (it hasn't taken yet) of ruderalis indica onto a pure sativa to see whether it will have any impact on the rest of the plant. Ruderalis is always producing the hormone to flower but only flowers once that hormone has reached significant levels. It will be interesting to see whether that hormone will spread to the rest of the plant. Interestingly, a single cannabis branch can be flowered if the branch is recieving a 12/12 cycle. This would make me believe that the hormone for flowering is only effective locally but my experiment will see.

I have done a few other grafts to see if it works and the time taken for grafts to take.

a single cannabis branch can be flowered if the branch is recieving a 12/12 cycle

wwoooow

i have allwayz wondered if dat is possible

have you dun it??????

must take some skill to black the light out of just 1 branch for 14 nights

many have tried

caus to id males early

is a big advantage

Ruderalis is always producing the hormone to flower but only flowers once that hormone has reached significant levels

isnt that the same for all cannabis??????

slight veration may be

oh

i c

yes well

slight variations one would only expect to see minium effect

seen

Build 2 small rooms right next to each other. Get a branch and train it into the second room through a small hole. Make sure the plastic you are using is quite thick so that no light whatsoever is getting through. use blue tack around where the branch is coming in, turn down lights in second room.

woow

have you done this successfully?????

wicked

iyo

how long could 1 plant be keeped in constant veg and bloom at the same time????????

think about it

1 plant ina constant grow and bloom cycles

you could just flower what you need when you need it

you would need a special nuitrent solution mix

to catter for the different bloom and grow plant requirements at the same time

that would not be too hard to achieve

what do you think?????