Jiffy Pot Clone pics

Nothingmuch to say really. Bill showed me his clones, he likes to use jiffy pots. I had trouble last time I used them, something like a decade ago but, and lots of people told similar tales of how they couldn;t get them to work, same sort of tales of how they were gross on seed planting too.

Anyway, I saw Bill's clones and the bloody roots he had exposed looked like something from a horror movie. They were awsome, something Speilberg would be proud to scare some-one with.

Anyway, just thought I'd get a few jiffy pots and run them half/half rockwool clones against jiffy pots.

I'm convinced they're the shit, but I can't incorporate them into my indoor style of growing. if I were to use coco, or be putting them in the bushes somewhere or something like that, I doubt I'd use rockwool again.

This pic isn't the only run I did comparing them, but is fairly consitent with the results I got acoss the board.

don't get me wrong, i like rockwool too, but it just suprised me how well the jiffy pots did is all.

I'm gonna try sand next :applause:.

cheers

rob

BTW, the rockwool cub had decent roots at the bottom, just hadn't sent them out the side at the time of the pic. Which is kind of the point.

post-2-1212215482_thumb.jpg

post-2-1212215505_thumb.jpg

post-2-1212215524_thumb.jpg

post-2-1212215543_thumb.jpg

I just did exactly as I would for rockwool, except instead of soakin gthem overnihgt or for long hours at least, I just left them in the soak until they expanded to full size. Kinda "flicked" pressed the water excess out, and used a toothpick from my mighty swiss army knife, and slipped the cutting in. I carefully pressed down from the top of the jiffy pot to compress the peat around the stem, that's about it.

I had made the soak water at about a ph of 4.5 and added a dropor two of seed and clone starter (that pink stuff), although I did 3 lots, and two I used the seed started stuff, and one without, and saw no difference.

I use "pro-gel" curring hormone at present, but I change that brand like I do my undies.

I doubt dropping trhe ph to 4.5 is needed, or even advisable. it's just what I used for the rockwool, and I didnt see the point in throwing out the mix, so i used what was left over.

I used a heat mat too. i think you almost have to this time of year. Not a fancy thermostat one (I dream at night of owning such treasures), just a single setting "cheap" one.

It was very straight forward.

cheers

rob

I'm convinced they're the shit, but I can't incorporate them into my indoor style of growing. if I were to use coco, or be putting them in the bushes somewhere or something like that, I doubt I'd use rockwool again.

I received a nice clone in a jiffy pot and have it in a sterile perlite setup at present. I can't see any problems so far. I doubt the jiffy will cause any issues either as it falls apart, as it starts sterile as well and should stay the same way?

Good thread Rob B) they certainly look way faster and a healthier way of cloning than rockwool

I have just done my 1st. batch of cuts in jiffy pots, & I must say, these are more healthy than the rockwool cuts taken on same day. I'll be doing all my cuts in jiffy's from now on. btw, it's easy to remove netting & wash all peat off the roots, then they can used in watever medium takes yer fancy. :thumbsup:

:bow: