Biggest bang for buck

Cheap simple and very effective , a bunnings single burner Gasmate camp heater $49 , 1 9K gas bottle $35 , Fan controller $30.

Put the Gas burner at the air inlet end of the room , make sure nothing can catch on fire and dont point it directly at the plants if its close to them , use the controller to slow down the exhaust fan so that with the lights on and the gas burning the room temperature is 28-32 celcius .

Light the burner when the lights come on turn it off when the lights are off .

The 9kg size gas will last 9 to 10 days then just swap the bottle which works out $2 a day .

I can only do this in winter as summer is just two hot ,,, but Im telling you , it kicks ass , the plants metabolism speeds up a lot and they use a lot more nutrient its the biggest bang for buck you can get , but your plants must be pristine to get the increases Im talking .

Another thing I have which could help some of you setting up , is dont spend the high prices they ask for flood tables and trays , just corrugated iron sheets with a corrugated laserlite plastic sheet on top as a clean barrier from the iron you can have as many sheets layed out as to whatever room size you want , I have mine set up on tank made like a clothes draw in a dresser just bigger without the bottom just need the four sides , mine is 200 ml high 1800 wide 2400 long , line your big draw by throwing in a waterproof pond liner and lay some studs over top like ribs , have one end higher than the other for runoff fall and lay your sheets across the rips so they stop just inside the low end of your tank and the runoff falls back into the tank , my system is 8 inches of the floor and the tank holds 300 ltrs ,, I use slabs layed out on the corrugated with slits cut in the slabs but you can use pots tubs whatever you want , the corrugations give beautiful drainage way better than bought tables , I have a single line running up the centre of the table and spaghetti tube going to the slabs ,,, its very simple super easy to clean very cheap and works like a beauty .

Happy growing

Rod

Here you go Bill easier to knock up a view in photoshop than to get pics .

Just makes sure the iron is covered , I used the plastic corrugated sheets because they are neat and fit perfect , I also used a proper pond line because its robust but a cheap $10 blue waterproof tarp will do the job , this gives a very low high volume nut tank with a larger surface area for aeration , I just have a pump continually moving the water around , this set up can be made and dismantled very quickly and stacks to nothing , no real restrictions on size just keep laying the sheets .

post-2146-1211352168_thumb.jpg

top idea

gota love dat'

co2 injection into the air intake

how much per day/$???

have you checked you co2 levels ???

how long does it take to reach optumin????

co2 is heavy and will naturally sink to the bottom

so

do you duct some of the co2 up to the top?????

you could even

put a negitive ion charger in there too

wow

excellent works

top idea

gota love dat'

co2 injection into the air intake

how much per day/$???

have you checked you co2 levels ???

how long does it take to reach optumin????

co2 is heavy and will naturally sink to the bottom

so

do you duct some of the co2 up to the top?????

you could even

put a negitive ion charger in there too

wow

excellent works

Cost about $2-$3 per day

I havent tested Co2 levels , but looking at the GreenAir charts and going by burn rate of 110grms per hr and my room dimensions it will add about 1200ppm in 9-12minutes + the 300ppm already in the air , my rate of exhaust is very slow as Ive slowed my 300ml exhaust fan right down and my inlet is passive , the temperature sits between 28-33 Celsius when lights are on , Im just going for an enhanced constant feed of Co2 and this method is the easiest method to add Co2 as well as raise the temperature which I need to do as its too cold in winter , it kills 2 birds with one stone for me and gives more robust plants with a faster metabolism and really good yield increases , so its win win all around , the plants really power .

My exhaust is high at one end of the room and my inlet is ground level at the other end , my room is long like a tunnel in between the inlet and outlet I have box fans on the floor on the sides that mix the co2 through the plants as it rises out of the exhaust at the far end , its a very balanced room where it was built around the natural flow direction of air like the way a chimney works so that its very efficient , running the gas heater through winter is just a bonus that works a treat , if I lived in a cold climate I would do this all year around without thinking twice .

http://www.greenair.com/co2-generator.htm

Edited by Roadblock