My First Grow

Hi guys, im new to these forums and a noob to growing marijuana. So this is how my story goes, i was given a clone of OG bubba kush and a OG Master kush seed which was female according to my friend and they have placed outdoors and are growing. When i was given my OG bubba clone i had noticed that 2 of the leaves on the bottom part of the plant had been trimmed on the outsides.. I thought nothing of this until i began to see my leaves looking crusted/dry on the outer portion of the leaf. I have continued to take care of my clone and after 4 1/2 of being outdoors a couple of my leaves on the plant have completely dried. Is this normal? Now i havent used the PH scale on these at all, and i know that it should be done my question is what method do i use in order to go about testing the PH.

My OG master seed on the other hand is growing like a champ and I wanted to find out what the easiest method is of finding out whether its a male or female. I also wanted to get some insight from you guys on whether they both look healthy or not and is there anything i can do about these dry leaves? Should i trim off the leaf? Let it be...? anything will help! Also how long does it generally take for these plants to begin producing bud? Thanks for the help! lol

post-16171-1211238419_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239313_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239324_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239336_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239343_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239355_thumb.jpg

post-16171-1211239364_thumb.jpg

Heya Drkush B) well youve got them off to a good start but they are stalled atm ... ok , unless that soil is high quality potting mix these plants will not go ahead , also the soil looks very dry ? almost water repellent ? amybe bigger pots too would help

you can change the soil but make sure the plants have had a good water first and be gentle as possible with the roots

just some suggestions

best of luck lol

^_^

Heya DRkush, good to see another happy home grower joining in lol

Interesting genetics you have there with the Kush lines, I'd be almost half hoping for a male just to see what the offspring would look like.

All your other questions I'm sure you'll find all the answers to easily in the forums if you do a search ^_^

Subcool has just posted a US ingredient soil mix you may find interesting, cheers and good luck with your grow B)

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...l=soil&st=0

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, im really excited to get these plants going :applause:

Frazzle, im looking to get them into bigger pots in the next couple weeks or so but im using miracle grow currently as my potting mix and after i move the plants into these pots im going to try and use the potting mix that subcool has posted (https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...l=soil&st=0). I will be careful with the roots and thx again! :xcited:

Thanks for the link to the potting mix bufo, and offspring would be interesting to see although im obviously not complaining if it doesnt happen.

Thanks again guys! :thumbsup: