Mould Protection when mailing?

Recently, a couple methods of how to send clones to a mate were made public, and in both it was suggested the clones be misted before they get sealed and put on their way. Don't want the poor girls getting dead for lack of moisture now :thumbsup:

PURE raised a point, suggesting mould should be looked out for. Especially seeing as the one method in particular (a very good method, suggested wrapping the clone tops in cling wrap plastic.

I've only ever had one set of clones arrive with mold, this time last year in fact, so it wasn't overly hot. And I don't think the risk is overly serious. but it can happen.

Anyway, I was just wondering if when preparing the clones for packaging, the final misting we give them for the trip was a mixture of Fongarid, would this be the go? I wonder if that could cause any problems?

Anyone?

cheers

rob

greetnz rob

i have seen

most hourculturests use tisue culture to transport clones

tell i more bout your methord please

i am not sure if this is what you mean

but

imo

the bigest problem we dealing with here is shock

sudden changes cause shock

now big shock can cause the plant to use up all its available K in less than 1 hr

true

and dig this

all moulds can only attack when the plant is k deficient

ok

then to keep mould at bay use a k spray

the best is agg strength portasium bicarbonate

get it form yah garden shop or buy it online

portasium bicarbonate is instantley available if applied as a folior spray or mist

portasium bicarbonate same stuff as in bakeing powder to make cakes rise

but dont use bakeing powder cause it has other stuff in it too you dont wanna smoke, like corn flower

ok

next best is seaweed extract liquid fertz

hope dis helps

irey guidance

I don't know either of those sprays. But I assume they're anti-fungal systemic kinda stuff?

It's just when PURE riased the issue of the potentiasl mold, and as I said, i did once recieve some clones with mold, and they were easily fixed up with fongarid.

I have had need to send them on a two day trip, and they've arrived fine each time too.

but it's just a bit of pondering I was doing. U know, if they were prayed before they left, it might be better to stop something before it happened. I also wondered if spraying them with seaweed extract might be a goer, that stops mold and reduces stress. or laybe a light spray of that vegemite hit 9cant think of what it's called now...) oh yeah..super thrive...

but they all stink to high hevaen and we dont want the post office wondering just what dead animal is in these packages mow :blink:

Anyway, just daydreamin.

thanks all

rob

google the product and all the active ingredients

sunny

check dis --> http://www.apvma.gov.au/media/mr0301.shtml

rob

here is the citrofresh site http://www.citrofresh.com/faq.php

i am not up with the latest

however

there are hourticultral buisness practices for just what you wanna do

use google to find them and check the active ingredients

check for strictly veges or fruit

things we can eat

avoid useing anyting for ornamentals like roses

Thanks Radic, but it's not essential to me. it's just an issue PURE brought up regarding mailing clones,a nd one i thought was worth contemplating. I'm not looking for anything. If I were to use anythig t most likely be a light spray of Fongrid is all. It works like dynamite against all fungi and has no odor. But it was just a thought reallly, no biggy.

cheers all

rob