Can Someone give a fellow a lil intel :)

mate the pics of your buds look like they have gone back to veg at some stage hey. yes trimming stunts plants, even bagseed has a strain, you just call it bagseed cause you usually dont know what strain your buying from ya dealer( not that they care cause they only in it for the money ), its not all crap.

as for your picture size probs try this link, it is easy to use. http://www.shrinkpictures.com/

choose 25% and good quality and hit the resize button, then right click on the finished pic, save as to your computers gallery, and then use that pic for your posts, i put any pics i resize into their own folder too for easy finding later.

how do you know that plant is hermi?

If you can keep the hermi plant far enough away from the other potential females, I personally see no good reason to pull it out.

I mean the only reason you'd pull it is in fear of it pollenating the other plants right? ANd if the other ones arent even flowering that cant happen, and further more, if you can keep the hermi (if you know that's what it is) right away, and I mean well and truly away ...what harm is it doing? if it was a whole crop, then you'd be dead right. Pull it as quick as you can. but if this is all the smoko you're growing, then smoko is all smoko right? better to have alarge hrmi plant, than to have a small hermi plant.

it all mulls up and burns hey. All you have to worry about it that male pollen is very potent and can travel across your yard, so put it in the extreme other corner of the backyard, or in the front yard..somewhere the wind wont infect the females as they develope. It looks close to ready anyway, and shouldn't be throwing any pollen by the time the other plants are setting flowers.

good luck.

rob

hey puffpuff

hey im from oz too and my out doors that i have just pulled was 13ft by 10ft round and got a shit load of it

now forget wot you got there for this year and do this so you r ready next season :instead of thoose small pots go and get either 50lt pots or the cheaper way is the 25 lt plastic bins ,fill them with 2inches of stones or clay balls on the bottom then fill up with peat or coconut coir mixed with dynamic lifta and only plant 1 seed per bin plant your seeds end of sep begining of oct(in Oz)and dont have all 3 togetha space em thru your yard less conspiuose ,once seeds have sprouted give em a feed of miricl grow every 2 weeks, as they continue to grow dont tip em at all bend and tie em instead(betta results then tipping and dont stunt them)late dec early jan depending on the stain they will show there sex keep an eye on em and the first sign of a BALL rip the plant out so it dont ruin every ones fems,you will b left with just girls in your garden

that will finish growing and flower and give you a lot of healthy seedless BUDS.....now the other way to ensure you have girls only is to not use bag seeds and either get some cuts or buy some feminised seeds.

Good luck and i hope this helps you and id like to see some betta pics nxt season

keep tokin WS

When i say trimming, i just mean cutting the Fan Leaves.

And if you cant tell by the pictures that i posted that the first plant is a hermie, you must be half blind. I think they pictures are pretty clear.

I have a 50l plastic bin that i drilled some drain holes into.

Should i transplant the 2nd plant, or the small one?

Where i am its summer year round. Just been pretty Dry lately.

Stones in the bottom of the buckets? it's only to allow drainage. Anthing will do. better yet, get an old sytrafoam box like they toss out at vegetable shops. Just break it apart randomly with your hands. it works better for drainage and is light as a feather if you have to move the whole ordeal.

Dynamic lifter is just a fertaliser, you can get it anywhere that sells seedlings, bales of straw, fertaliser, seeds...it's very common and prety strong.

But why encourage him to use pots at all? only if you feel at some stage you are going to have to hide the plants. Then u can use a 2 wheel trolley like a fridge trolley and stash them for a day or two. but if you dont need to move them around to hide them, using apot is confusing me. no matter how big the pot is.

I mean maybe I missed something, but if people are living somewhere that a pound size plant can be grown in a pot within the back yard...then just plant in the bloody ground. why make work for him?

If you can get away with growing plants as big as mentioned already, then forget pots. Plant one seed per pot? grow it all season, and hope it isn't male? Sounds a bit wow to me.

Pick some spots. Spots that when winter comes they will still get the northerly sun as they finish flowering. U live where it's summer all year round? Then be sure to get short flowering plants. Anyway, dig the ground up. Scratch out a hole the size of a big pot. back fill it with the best compost/worm castings, whatever you consider a good mix. then wait for it to settle. best to prep all this through winter.

if you can score a cement mixer, take that, a few bags of "5 in 1" searles. Some chookie poo, (as good as dynamic lifter), and some compost. Put something in it to stop compacting,like perlite or coco,something to keep it "light". Switch the mixer on and let it whirl as you sip a cupa.

if you can't be bothered doing allthat. Dig the hole as stated, and backfillit withthe same soil, but mix in plenty of corn fertaliser (buy it in 20 kilo bags at the local cowboy shop). Mix in a "complete" fertaliser aswell. Something that contains micro-nutrints as well as a healthy NPK dose. Don't use time release ferts. they'll keep releasing nitrogeon as the plant is flowering,making bad shaped heads. You want the corn fert to have more or less broekn down by the time head season comes on. cron fert used to be 20-20-0 dont know what they use now. As head season approaches, swich to soluble fertaliser designed to increase head size. Manutec is great, but there's plenty of brands. Water it in every few days to a week or so.

if you have a big tree in your yard that threatens to eat all your nutrients and suck all your water. just line the hole with builder's plastic or similar. now you have as much root space as the large pot idea, lined from invading plants, and leave the bottom open, to allow the roots even more access to the world if they want it. And allows water to run out when it rains heavy. Dope "drowns" real easy if u dont have enough drainage.

even when u use thehole in the ground idea, drop some of the styrafoam in the bottom for drainage.

it wont stand out as much as the huge pot idea, and u get all the benifits.

Plant a handfull of seeds in each hole, wait until flower season, and pull out all but the best one or two females.

Best to stick to the one, but if they are small strain you might be better leaving two.

Figure it out next febuary when things are clearer as to what you have got in ya holes.

If it's dry weather, mulch at least 30 cm high all around ya plant. dont let it touch the stems but.

have fun.

rob