Runty Espalier

Attached is a pic of my runty 2007/8 crop. post-30-1209377773_thumb.jpg

Trying to avoid a repeat of last years indiscretions (my sativa kept stretching over the neighbors fence..) I slowtracked and trained this plant. So much so that the bloody thing hardly grew! As most of the pistils are already browning I'm thinking it's time to harvest. So is there any merit in pruning and leaving the stem in soil hoping for further growth? Or do I just yank it and aim for better next year ?

I remember hearing years ago second harvests were possible but I'm not sure if the cannabis plant works that way eg. when by basil finishes it finishes for good.

Any replies appreciated xG

why not harvest 90% of it and leave some of the lower growth on, start feeding veg nutes and give it a chance reveg. nothing to lose right? Its certainly possible, although if you get frosts in your area I don't like your chances as we are coming into the coldest part of the year. but still, nothing to lose by giving it a try, its not uncommon for outdoor plants to reveg

Yeah, can see why it's a bit of a hard decision to Gruntus.

I'd tend to side with pipeman, if frost isn't an issue 'n it smokes up well. But if it's just an average plant, i'd tend to rip it 'n start fresh again, next spring.

All the best with it, whatever you decide Gruntus lol

:wub:

Attached is a pic of my runty 2007/8 crop. post-30-1209377773_thumb.jpg

Trying to avoid a repeat of last years indiscretions (my sativa kept stretching over the neighbors fence..) I slowtracked and trained this plant. So much so that the bloody thing hardly grew! As most of the pistils are already browning I'm thinking it's time to harvest. So is there any merit in pruning and leaving the stem in soil hoping for further growth? Or do I just yank it and aim for better next year ?

I remember hearing years ago second harvests were possible but I'm not sure if the cannabis plant works that way eg. when by basil finishes it finishes for good.

Any replies appreciated xG

Isn't hemp a wonderful plant. That is very similar to a plant my brother grew. We had a harvest cerermony on Good Friday( we thought that God gave us this cosmic herb so we would honour him on Good Friday). In hindsight it should have been left a few weeks longer but it is still a good (don't wanna do anthing but veg out on the couch and listen to music) smoke. I'd pull it and start again next season. :wub:

Isn't hemp a wonderful plant. That is very similar to a plant my brother grew. We had a harvest cerermony on Good Friday( we thought that God gave us this cosmic herb so we would honour him on Good Friday). In hindsight it should have been left a few weeks longer but it is still a good (don't wanna do anthing but veg out on the couch and listen to music) smoke. I'd pull it and start again next season. :wub:

Forgot to add, this same grass smoked through a vapouriser gives a completely different stone. No couchlock, more like get up and boggie gotta get active stone. Might be my frame of mind at the time but that is what it does.

Thanks all. My plants usually go throo' happily until June but this one is just looking too sad to keep. Plus its raining a lot in Adelaide currently and that can't be good for resin retention. Oh well, it will keep the vapour pipe full for a few months.

BTW can anyone recommend a good backyard strain? Something with flavour and not too big.. :thumbsup:

G