Nutrient Burn?

Hey all. Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. Since last I posted, things went along fine, other than the fact that I couldn't arrange to move my plants to my friend's place, so they just kinda stayed put and died. It was heartbreaking for sure, but I had plenty more seeds to go through. Everyone fucks up their first time, right? At least I hope so.

Anyways, I had a new batch coming up, now 3 weeks or so into flowering. I had to off the male that I got, so I'm left with this stretchy girl. Things have been good. Big, crystalline buds are forming, but the leaves at the top of the plant seem very dry. I've been misting them with a water sprayer a couple times a day, but they still seem to be worsening. The tips of most of my leaves are burnt, and the top leaves have gotten very dry and yellowy on the edges.

One attached pic shows their condition, the other is a nice close-up of a bud. I don't think I've been over-nuting them, but I was considering switching it over to clear water for a day or two. Good idea? Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.

post-13899-1209092146_thumb.jpg

post-13899-1209092187_thumb.jpg

what type of nutes are you using, and at what strength??

also spraying the plants with the lights on is generally a bad idea, esp with buds forming, the water will sit on the plant and refract the light and can cause bad things, and also buds can mould from excess water being on them.

looking at the pic it is a bit hard to tell but it might also be magnesuim, but dont quote me on that one.

have a quick look through here and see if you can pick it, other than that some one else should offer an idea here shortly.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...?showtopic=9128

You might be right about the magnesium, I just had to pick up a new bottle of one of the "bloom" types I'm using which apparently is the only one with magnesium.

I'm using BioBizz Grow and Bloom nutes, with a little of the General Hydro nutes that came with the buckets I grow in. Looking at it now, I think the roots might be rotting. They look kinda brownish and limp, as opposed to the white color they usually were.

FUCK.

to me it looks like a combination of the pH being slightly off which is locking out a nutrient and it looks like the plant has been fried from getting too close to the light :sleepyhead:

what ever the situation we'll be able to help :thumbsup: all nutrient and pH problems can be fixed by flushing the plants and using decent nutrients. heat problems are fixed by adding bigger and better extraction fans or air conditioners. oh and if your humidity is extremely low during flowering thats a great bloody thing. infact marijuana prefers a warm and dry environment to grow in and it drastically reduces your chances of getting mouldy buds. but should you want to increase the humidity it is as simple as getting a few cups, bowls, plastic containers, etc. fill them with water and have them sitting in your grow room. the more surface area you have with the water the higher the humidity will be so be careful not to over do it otherwise you risk a mouldy crop :scratchin:

Alright, thanks for the tips, guys. I'm flushing through lower-nutrient water for today and maybe longer if things improve, not spraying the plant, and planning on managing the pH better and watching out for over-nuting. I'd get a bigger fan if I had the cash and the space. I temporarily have neither.

Still, things go on and the rest of the plant looks as healthy and as crystally as ever. Based on the pic of the young bud, how much longer should I wait until harvest? The majority of the hairs are still white and lively.

Edited by Kreegor

get a tide chart and harvest at high tide

best at full moon or new moon around the 5th may is next new moon

and the next full moon is 18th may

i'd say push to the full moon you wont be sorry

but hey the best way to tell is by a 10x magnifing glass

look at the cyrstals

they look like little mushrooms

only

they will be cyrstal clear

when the thc reaches its peek it fills the tops of the cyristals then it turns gold

when 50% or more have turned gold

she is ready

ok