Dwarfing Plants?

Hi

I'm wanting to grow some plants (probably 3) but my grow space only measures to a 1m and a bit tall, however I have heard that if you put the plant into 12/12 lighting early you can limit the height that it'll grow. I'm told that a plant will roughly double in hight after you change to 12/12 light so if I turned to 12/12 when the plant was at about half a meter would the plant end up at roughly a meter tall? I'm going to be using a mix or Blue and Red CFL's on an adjustable ballast in a cupboard roughly half a meter front to back by a meter and a half wide, and as I said a meter and a bit tall, the cupboard is also fitted with a thermostaticly controlled extractor fan drawing its air through a medium sized carbon filter.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

"we've had such terrible loss of life that the smartest thing to do was just to just PULL IT!" Larry Silverstein Lease holder, World Trade center talking about the collapse of world trade center building 7 on the day of September 11th. We must all wake up and realize that the real terrorists in this world are our own governments. Quote taken from the documentary: Martial Law: 9/11 Rise of the Police State, which can be found on google video. Quote location 53minutes 10 seconds.

billos method is probably your best bet. 12/12 works really well too but it depends on the variety you are growing. Some varieties stretch by as much as 3 times once the hours are reduced. I have one that I put on 12/12 at 8 inches and it finished at just over 3 feet! Other varieties stretch only a tiny bit. I have started sativas under 12/12 with really good success.

right on billo

scrog is best for 1 plant

me pers fav

gotta love dat

next best is

sog or sea of green

uses many plants to the m2

the system there is to fill ya grow room with seedlings and force flower as soon as possible at 4 to 6 weeks or about 300mm hight max

no side branching strictly the top head is cultivated so you can crowd dem in and still porduce quality and quanity from a small space

i would opt for scrog

only 1 plant to look after is less time consuming for me

Waw alot of good suggestions, cheers people ill look in to those methods. Thanks again.

"we've had such terrible loss of life that the smartest thing to do was just to just PULL IT!" Larry Silverstein Lease holder, World Trade center talking about the collapse of world trade center building 7 on the day of September 11th. We must all wake up and realize that the real terrorists in this world are our own governments. Quote taken from the documentary: Martial Law: 9/11 Rise of the Police State, which can be found on google video. Quote location 53minutes 10 seconds