dying leaves?

Hey.

my 2 WW girls are getting real big now...

I reckon I got another 5 weeks to go at least.

I been having a problem with space as they have only just seemed to stop growing in height! I put them to flower when they were about 300-400mm high. Well, they are nearly a meter taller! Was not intended...

I'm growing in clay balls and have the nutes running 24/7 as recommended by a friend who has continued success.

I had a problem on Sat of a pot overflowing, but had guests over so couldn't deal with it at the time. Instead, i shut off the pump and got back to it 24 hours later, 12 of which was 'lights on'.

Needless to say, they looked a little thirsty, so i swtched the pump back on and proceeded to drill 2 x 10 mm holes in the bottom of the pot for better drainage, and one about half way up the side as a backup.

Tonight, I went out to have a look at them and I noticed the lower leaves(don't get much light at all) are litterally falling off? Could this be due to being rootbound, and if they are now, what chances do I have of making it to the end? Or, is it because of a N deficiency (which is kind of expected towards the end of the cycle). How much should I worry?

The top of the plants are looking really good besides the odd burnt tip from being too close to the light, but I've lowered the floor since.

Cheers for your help

i wouldnt say it was rootbound.. more like going with out water for 24 hours.. i grow in clayballs too.. and my watering is 30mins on.. 30 mins off.. now that the plants are taller ive gone to 15mins on and 45mins off.. they get a 15 watering every 3 hours in the dark period... this will change to one 15 watering half way through the dark.. then possibly nothing in the final weeks of flower.. you shouldnt water 24/7.. the plants need to have that dryout time.. also allows for air to be dragged down to the roots..

whats happened with the leaves is exactly what WDC has said.. over that 24 hour period with no water, the plants have looked else where for moisture.. the lower leaves... these will die off.. not a real worry... im very surprised youve still got plants at all after all that time with no water... clayballs holds fuck all moisture... all i can think of is the plants roots have reached the bottom of the pots.. where there will be water sitting...

the bottom leaves will continue to fall off anyway as the plant matures.. if you can try and get in there and remove the dead leaves.. it could lead to problems, like pests.. or mold...

mine are in clay also and my feeding schedule is 15mins every hour right around the clock from planting to harvest. i'm with the others on the dying leaves. through a cycle i'd probably clear out the under growth 2 or 3 times even taking a lot of the smaller branches so that the rest of the plant gets what they were feeding on.

i have atatched some pics of my trim and the shitload of clones that i got from it. the undergrowth doesnt really give you anything but popcorn buds so is well worth it.

post-11220-1208387935_thumb.jpg

post-11220-1208387967_thumb.jpg

post-11220-1208387989_thumb.jpg