Nimbin cannabis crusaders argument nonsense: court

Overgrow the government. The way this war will be won is very simple. We keep filling their prisons and cost the tax payer billions in the process (try zillions), illicit drugs proliferate and become more and more dangerous, organised crime becomes more organised, more ruthless, more powerful and eventually they run the world because these fools gave them the keys to do this (massive sums of money in a world where money is king). Christ, half the cops are already on the payroll - it won't be long before they all are on the payroll.

Did you know Putin (Russia) is Russian Mob? That means the mob already run Russia. Soon enough they'll be running the US etc.

The drug war was lost the day the chose to wage it (just as the war on terror has only succeeded in creating more terror for generations to come). They have two ways of losing their ill fated war - compassionate, sensible laws that encompass legalisation, education and control or they keep spending zillions to lose control to hardened criminal elements (who definitely won't legalise drugs because they want to control them and make more money).

Karma my friend - violence always begets violence. That one is a universal law.

I dunno about overwhelming the system with prisoners to make a win but. Look at the world at large..8 million people behind bars tonight, and 2 million of them are in USA. Look at how dis-proportionate that is, and I foget the stats, but overwhelmingly the majority of them are in prison for drug charges.

That's because the government will always find accpetance at ellection time to build more prisons, hire more cops, beef the system up tougher, larger, stronger...

the public will dump a government for taxing them to build schools, hospitals and pay the unemployed to not live homeless onthe streets, but there's something about the tax bein gupped to put evil men and women like us behin dbars that the public finds ok.

Combine that with a system that rewards politicians for the larger the amount of priosners it can find, with inductsry using them as slave labour, small towns creating economies to service the prisons. I helped build a number of motel accomadtions in Woodford when I was brick laying, when they re-opened the Woodford prison. It crated lots of employment. They can't loose, endless resources to lock us up with, they get brownie points for doing it, and they get kick backs from all the industries that use the prisoners.

In USA recently (they build what they call "Super" prisons), completely opposite to what we experience when a new jail is built with people protesting the thing being in their area...they launched full scale "bids" ..like getting the olypics to come to town, to convince the gov to build the priosn in their area for the industry it would suppliment.

It's been considered for a long time now that if someone waved amagic wand and made pot and other drugs legal in USA, and they emptied alltheir prisons of such offenders, entire communities would beleft devestated as a result. They just aren't going to do that, and they simply can't anyway.

When they built the super max prison in California last, I saw a doco that exposed a document to the private owner and runprison, which gauranteed 99% full rate for the trm of the contract 9I thinkw as 20 years), before they even built it! To make sure it was finacially sustainable.

Drugs are the ultimate priosn filler, like cheap stocking fillers at christmas time. How can they gaurantee a certain amount of prisoners day by day, month after month, year after year...unless two things are on the cards. One is they must have a ready source of people to fill the priosn if the numbers start to drop. Drugs are the perfect answer. They flousih in society and do no harm of themselves, so just let them continue. When you need some people to fillthe local prison to homor the contract, you simply apply harsher sentencing, who's gonna care? What might have been a slap on the wrist last week is 2 years in nick now because the beds are emptying.

Doesn't this make sense where-by stats prove violence is actually dropping in society, yet prison rates are increasing?

Also, how can they assure a contract to have the prison filled for the next 20 years at 99%, unless they are sure they arent chaning the most lucrative income of prisoners they have isn;t going to change..ie. drug offence laws!

If they reversed the drug laws as we would like, the se contracts would be broken, governments would be forced to pay the shortfall in the contracts, comunnities would break up from the loss of local business (people travel thousands of miles to visit a spouse injail, and need accomadation, food, taxis, resteraunts.... while in town); it's just too entrenched.

In USA, a prison's worth to investors goes up and down day to day on the stock exchange, depending how many people are in the prison on the day!

We're fodder, being fed a belief in democracy by amarketing /advertising company, whichever the present government chooses to use.

sory for the negativity, it just seems too big.

rob

PS. AL FISH, I really love all that stuff about the illegality of the state of our government, but I admit I labor with the legal wordage at times. I'd really enjoy to read the whole shabang in your own words one day, in simple layman speak. Even if it doesn;t capture the whole essence like legal speak might, it can help dumb buggers like me to grasp the thrust of what's being said, so the legal writing kinda pieces together better the next time I read it.

Imean I'm sure I've got it straight to a large degree, but wonder what I might be missing in amongst it all too.

thanks for switching us onto all that stuff over the last couple years mate. I see it's picking up speed in the media finally hey?

Robbie you hit the nail on the head. There are huge industries and jobs that benefit from drugs being illegal. Cops, lawyers, judges, prisons, mental health, and all the allied industries. Legalising drugs would not put these people out of jobs but it would put a huge dent in what they do and weaken their power base.

its pretty fucked up when there is a war on drugs that no one has any intention of winning. Imagine if everone stopped taking illegal drugs tomorrow. They would have to invent a new enemy.

Anyway thats my 2c.

Al, im another one that appreciates your links. Interesting and bewildering. Its always a shock to find things aren't remotely what they seem.

Robbie you hit the nail on the head. There are huge industries and jobs that benefit from drugs being illegal. Cops, lawyers, judges, prisons, mental health, and all the allied industries. Legalising drugs would not put these people out of jobs but it would put a huge dent in what they do and weaken their power base.

its pretty fucked up when there is a war on drugs that no one has any intention of winning. Imagine if everone stopped taking illegal drugs tomorrow. They would have to invent a new enemy.

Anyway thats my 2c.

Al, im another one that appreciates your links. Interesting and bewildering. Its always a shock to find things aren't remotely what they seem.

If they legalised mj then just think of the industry and sub industries that would create. But the morons running our countries don't have the vision. Or balls to take this on. The only gutsy poli was the dude from South Aus years ago. Don Dunstan I think was his name.

Yep, lies and deceit. For every black college student under the age of 25 there are 5 African Americans in the same age bracket serving hard time for drug related offences.

A prison guard in the US has a higher salary than a college professor.

These two facts in themselves demonstrate the values and underpinning ideology of the US (the land of the free and the home of the brave and, incidentally, the largest prison industrial complex in the world)

Here's some quotes I liked:

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."

Ronald Reagan

U.S. President

(Reagan of course introduced “Just say no” policies into the drug war - his wife Nancy being the queen of "just say no")

"Western governments ... will lose the war against dealers unless efforts are switched to prevention and therapy... All penalties for drug users should be dropped ... Making drug abuse a crime is useless and even dangerous ... Every year we seize more and more drugs and arrest more and more dealers but at the same time the quantity available in our countries still increases... Police are losing the drug battle worldwide."

Raymond Kendall

secretary general of INTERPOL

January 1994

"Since you [uS "drug tsar" McCaffrey] control a federal budget that has just been increased from $17.8 billion last year to $19.2 billion this year, is asking people like you if we should continue with our nation's current drug policy like a person asking a barber if one needs a haircut?"

Judge James P. Gray

Orange Country, California

Los Angeles Times

29 March 2000

The first casualty when war comes is the truth. -- California Senator Hiram Johnson, 1917

All war is based on deception. -- "The Art of War," by Sun Tzu, circa 500 BC

I and i rock (Child of god the son of man the living soul,

in Sovereign Being in the Sovereign Estate

in the Greater Universe Continuum, God)

Authorized, my property, goods, chattels the said PETER TILL or Peter

TILL to consume, carry use cannabis which is justified by the

Greater Universe Continuum, God

Genesis 1:12 1:29 1:31

1: Any human being who wishes to claim any authority

over me must first prove they exist above "God "

2. They are "God "

3. They are between I and i rock (Child of god the son of man the living soul the Sovereign Being living in the Sovereign Estate in the Greater Universe Continuum, God)and "God ";

4. Or they have a document upon the face of which

can be found the verifiable signature of "God”.

Failure to first do one of the above mentioned things means

all claims to authority is abandoned or is unlawful.

Attempting to exercise any authority over I and i rock

a free human being without first fulfilling one of the four

above mentioned requirements is an unlawful act of fraud and/ or extortion

Sign by the said

Sign by the said

Sign by the said

Date month 2008

ucc 1-207/1-308