Grafting

I have a book called "The Connoisseur's Handbook of Marijuana" written by William Daniel Drake Jnr. 1971.

In this book he shows how to graft a hop plant to a hemp plant a sativa plant. Has anybody tried this? Apparently hops & cannabis share quite similar biochemical constituents, particularly those of the tissue fluids and organic composition of the mature plant.

right freddy

thc is produced on the leaf and flowers of cannabis not in the roots

hops does not thc at all itsa dead end here

yah know it might improove the hops vitality in certain soils

it could be usefull for some out door cannabis farmers

try diss

plant hops in the same soil as your cannabis

next to eachother

give the same fertz and water managment

watch dem grow

if the hops is more vigorous

which it prob wont be

but if you soil is somehow more suitable for hops that cannabis

that you could graft cannabis on to the hops root stock

and maybe produce better budz

i dout it

i think the cannabis root stock is more vigorous than hops

and could do great tings for hops

and i suspect

the hops root stock will not be so benificial for cannabis

now if you grafted indica say kush budz to sativa roots stock like jack hera

that would be interesting

oh.. yeah.. this has been done before.. by a guy in Adelaide... when the cops busted him.. with shit loads of plants.. he said he was experimenting with grafting pot to hops.. or could have been the other way around... was a few years ago now.. cant remember exactly.around 1999... i think... . but the court case was aired on tripleJ... he had the same lawyer ive used in the past...

id reckon if you emailed tripleJ you could probably get a MP3 or some thing of the court case... they aired it at lunch time every day for an hour for about a month.. i think in the end.. the guy got off.. because they werent actually MJ plants..

but it has been done... i remember them airing it.. what made me listen was the lawyer involved in the defense was the same lawyer I use...

Grafting Cannabis or other fast growing plants to anything is pretty pointless , in the end you achieve VERY little and open yourself up to a whole bag of issues.

When your talking slower growing plants / succulents or kicking off perennials then grafting can have amazing benefits and give great results , but when your talking about a seasonal plant with a natural life cycle of 4-5 months on average it;s pretty pointless infact you would probably get delays and lower quality end product due to the healing time of the graft, The THC itself doesn't come from the roots but the plants food source plays a huge part in what the plant can/does create same thing happens with san pedro ect , if you graft it you are then best to give it a 6 -12 month period in it's own roots afterwards to build up it's alkaloid levels.

A Hops root system works great for hops however the physical structure of cannabis is very different and its root system is designed to give the plant what it needs already.

Imo its a cool experiment but you really won't get much out of it except experiance