Australian Government is in breach of the UN Charter, Human Rights Con

If that's the case then mate, go for it. We'll keep looking at cases and so on.

It's also important to realise that just because others have fallen over there is always hope. See where Rock goes with his case and try and stall yours for as long as possible.

Yep, I can never actually practice law because of a serious conviction which cannot be removed from my record due to prison time served. Today, I'd probably get a $500 fine for the same offence. Life can be very unfair but the fact is mate I don't particularly respect lawyers so and happy not to surround myself by them:-)

Risk is an interesting one - it has to be counter measured by outcomes where risk is not assumed.

mullray ok lets do it. and again thanks for the assistance, as far as delaying the trial that is currently not possible as it is now 16 months since being charged and they are already getting pissed at me for the hoops I am making them jump through by excercising our right to take it for a jury trial instead of a magistrate and we have a trial date setdown for first week nov. once I get the document to "meritable" state with all current precident case law addressed as irrelevent I intend to approach a local silk who has a reputation for winning the unwinnable and has spoken out against prohibition and see if he will take it on.

Any way back to work for me I have quite a bit of editing to do wil PM you when the update is posted

Interesting thread everyone - I used to be a lawyer and Mullray's giving some good feedback. Though you're morally right Lighting, there are a tonof international treaties and convenants signed by Australia that are subsequently broken by Australia even when ratified into domestic law. An example - the UN Convenant on the Rights of the Child which was ratified and introduced into the Family Law Act 1996 - and has basically been ignored or 'adapted' in the High Court ever since - see recent 'Relocation cases' in the family court which directly violate the 'international' rights of an Australian child.

So a lot of it is a crock of shit, but on the other hand ,esp. inthe long term with the right weight behind it, the system can effect change. And the key to speeding that up is winning over the media, which as other threads here show, have their heads up their arses.

Though Im a bit wasted ATM, I'm not following the religious Sovereign argument too well - is this just a moral statement being made or a legit defence at law?

anyway, top thread

B7