SA to boost penalties for cannabis and amphetamines

I think similar arguments were put forward last time SA cracked down on the mj industry. Pollies didn't buy it then and they sure as proverbial won't now. Fact is people will still cultivate - they'll just go to prison for it. That's the drug war. Don't expect intelligence, reason and the facts to influence proceedings. They're taking us back to the Anslinger years and there's nothing we can do about that.

I love Rudd - what a joke. His answer to drugs pouring out of Afghanistan is to subsidise farmers there to stop them growing opium. Oh yeah that'll work great when they're shot in the head for not cultivating opium. Jesus, these guys are idiots but we keep voting for them.

Hey Luke, how's our NORML going? We'll need someone to make noise everytime something like this happens because there is going to be plenty more of it to follow.

Edited by mullray

I love Rudd - what a joke. His answer to drugs pouring out of Afghanistan is to subsidise farmers there to stop them growing opium. Oh yeah that'll work great when they're shot in the head for not cultivating opium. Jesus, these guys are idiots but we keep voting for them.

why would the farmers be shot in the head??

the cold facts are as follows.. the Taliban.. everything thats supposed to evil in the world.. had almost irradicated the opium crops being grown in Afghanistan... they ARE totally against the cultivation of opium... thats what people fail to realize.. ive been saying this all along... and if you dont believe me.. do some research... or even better... look at the details... since we've been there.. theyve recorded record production every year... if that doesnt tell you whos in charge of the poppy plantations then youre and idiot.. its as plain as the nose on youre face.. especially since the opium is supposedly coming out of the very place our fuckin troops are supposed to be patrolling.. its very simple...

everything in pollitics is the exact opposite.. if they say theyre trying to find a cure for cancer..please support our cancer research foundations.. then what theyre really doing.. is not trying to cure cancer at all.. but trying to find out what causes cancer.. this information is then used.. to .. yep.. you guessed it.. create more cancers... the evidence.. well lets see.. since we've had cancer research.. cancer as procreated 100 fold... now im no fuckin genius.. but to me that says they arent interested in finding a cure.. more interested in how we can create more cancers.. making more money for the EVIL pharma cos.. that seem to be running the world.. ..

global warming.. lets bring in a carbon trading scheme.. great idea.. once you put a price on carbon.. and people can make money from it.. like Al.. im a fuckin scumbag.. Gore... who owns millions in carbon trading credits.. do you really think thats an incentive to reduce emissions... or create more?.. since MJ is the biggest carbon user of all plants.. youd think theyd be interested in at least growing HEMP.. but no.. its not about reducing carbon.. that wont sit well with investors.. will it....

look how profitable war is... since .. "the war to end all wars".. WW2... we,ve been in a constant state of war.. sort of like orwells 1984... war is money.. weapons is money.. billions in profits go to contract companies... look at Iraq... billions of dollars in profits.. you really think peace is on the agenda... we've already been told this BULLSHIT war on terrorism will last at least 100 years... mmm .. plenty of money to be made.. i suggest you buy shares in weapons companies..

MJ will always be illegal.. and ill tell you why... recent discoveries that THC can break down the cancerous tissues in breast cancer... what a revelation .. i wonder how many other cancers can be treated with THC... id say probably ALL of them... since Pharma Cos make over 60% of their profits from cancer drugs.. do you really think the want a cure all... that can be grown .. by any one.. simply in their own back yard... i dont think so...

think again... time to open youre eyes to what really going on...

The Taliban are now growing the opium to fund war. Allah would prefer them to do this then let the infidel win the war. It is the Taliban behind the Afghan Opium trade. First they buy guns to shoot US and British soldiers and then they send heroin to the US, Britain and elsewhere and kill citizens in these countries to buy more guns to kill more of their citizens. I have read everything I can find on it and the opium farmers would be shot if they didn't grow opium to fund the war (by the Taliban). And you're right, the Taliban did stop the production of heroin in Afghanistan in the nineties (a global heroin drought ensued) - that's when they ruled. Then the US moved in and the Taliban then did a 180 and began producing the opium/heroin. The legacy of war - illegal drugs and the arms trade are the two biggest profit making industries in the world and they are often intertwined in the the blood money trade.

Wars are only profitable to those who earn from war (munitions suppliers etc) - that's why the US is billions in the hole, going bust and printing more money which defies all sound economics.... They'll be a banana republic soon because they simply can not print more cash without there being a payoff. China will become the new superpower while the US collapses. Karma!!

What I also love is the US is either going to have a woman for pres or a black man for pres - no one could have conceived that possibility ten years ago. Maybe there is hope for them yet. The death of the WASP.

The only thing I agree with you on re what you say is mj will always be illegal. That one is certain.

Sounds like you don't read . Afghanistan had zero heroin production pre 1979. It started there because of the Afghan Soviet war. When that war ended and the Taliban took power they stopped production. When the yanks went in the Taliban began producing the heroin. I don't know what the argument with this is - everyone knows this information so I suggest you get on google and start searching my boy. Good luck with that - try "Taliban" + "heroin" - that'll get you up to speed quickly. Then try Afghan Soviet war and heroin that'll teach you a bit about history. I promise you that you'll find your views and opinions are way of the facts.

Look, no point arguing with you, you're clearly locked on shit that you know nothing about. Read first, type later or else you just sound ignorant.

hey, hey, HEY!! .. you two , taliban, heroin, afghanistan has nothing in common with new laws about to be passed in South Aust. :) ..

new laws that have a penalty of imprisonment if disobeyed, laws that are socially and economically wrong and a further intrusion upon citizens' private life pursuits

the real cost of these new laws will bourne by ordainary law-abiding, neighbourly ppl .. who just want to be able to smoke/grow cannabis recreationally, caught and branded as a criminal , druggie, fucked over by the system chewed up and spat out !

mate i could tell you horror stories , but im not .. cause its just; same old , same old, same old ... ya know ..

:)

yes way off topic... look for a future report in the Xfiles section.. as ive been researching this for about 4 years... actually.. i think theres quite a bit about this in the 9/11 thread i posted... also.. the TaliBan was supposed to have been wiped out.. but then so was Nazi Germany.. which went on to form the CIA..

back on topic...

the Laws in SA have gone dramatically down hill.. ever since the conception of the SA HEMP party... now this wasnt what forming the party was all about.. it was about the decriminalization of home grown MJ for personal supply.. and also to get a medicinal legalization as what was happening in America at the time... seemed like a viable solution to getting MJ 90% legalized... as everything the yanks seem to do.. Australia soon follows... as for example.. Ram Raids.. which werent seen here in Australia.. until it was splashed all over telly in US cop shows.. like.. COPS..

seems to me that this party.. as every other political party has been taken over by people working in conjunction with other parties against the legalization of MJ... this is what happens in Australia.. politics is a dirty game..

these days theres more crime going on around the pursuit of growing MJ than ever before.. tougher laws lead to higher prices.. .and higher prices leads to more crime.. especially in the line of Home Invasions... as its easier to Home Invade some fucker growing pot and get away with 20K worth of product with out the person even reporting it.. with the increased crime evolving around the growing of MJ.. works right into the politicians favour... and we all know what happened when they outlawed alcohol back in the 20's... the same is happening here with MJ... they MUST know this.. Order from Kaos... the motto of our Freemasonry... create Kaos.. through stupid laws.. to supply order.. through extra policing.. maybe we are going down the same lines as America with their private prison system.. and these stupid oppressive laws are being put in place to load those jails... there must be money in jailing people as it would seem... who knows..

we all know how the government will twist data to suit them selves to produce a fear campaign against what ever... this seems to be going down those exact same lines... as we all know.. theres very minimal danger in smoking MJ... if any .. and we all know that hydroponically grown MJ is NO different from any other grown MJ.. and the fact that NO person has ever died from smoking MJ proves this.. we have tobacco and alcohol.. which even our own alcohol and drug administration recognize as the most harmful drugs in society.. but we are led to believe that MJ is far more dangerous than both put together as .01% of people who have schizophrenia might be triggered by smoking MJ... if at all... as was reported on our own ABC radio "myths and misconceptions of Marijuana" broadcast only a few months ago.. the government know all too well the benefits of growing HEMP for food, paper and clothing.. not to mention the myriad of other uses it has.. and as we seen in the documentary the US government put out during the 2nd world war... "Hemp for Victory".. its a very viable cash crop.. and one that will boost our own economy..

so what is happening is... and ill say it loudly for everyone to hear.. "PEOPLE IN GENERAL ARE IDIOTS AND WILL BELIEVE ANYTHING THE 6 O CLOCK NEWS TELLS THEM"... mj causes schizophrenia... it must be true... why would the Murdoch media empire lie to the people???... lets throw everyone that has anything to do with MJ in jail.. that will save those .01% of schizophrenics who may.,,... or may not trigger attacks through evil MJ growers supplying them with a harmless herb... hydroponically grown or NOT...

While I don't go for conspiracy theory SS, what I know through watching the "deadly new drug" and the "new" cannabis campaign is this (if we're going for conspiracies this one can be proven with some very basic research). All of this began in about 1998 when the WHO released info on mj and made calls to the effect of a "new" cannabis. This was quickly picked up by the UNODC and INCB - all three bodies are UN. In about 2000 the US Fed Government then got involved through the DEA and went after the Canadian cannabis scene using the INCB. The same body (the INCB) also launched a vicious attack on the UK for softening their drug stance (rescheduling cannabis to a class c from a class :). At the same time the EU was being formed and concessions there were being made in back room deals. So yes, we definitely have a conspiracy at hand and this plays out in the 2006 World Drug Report. There is info all over the web (not hype but INCB, WHO, and UNODC releases + DEA releases that mimic the very same language as used in the UN releases etc) to confirm all of what I am saying. What amazes me is no one to date has picked up this information and begun running with it to undermine the UN and US collusion in the war against cannabis. This is a conspiracy at its finest and the UN has breached its mandate as a supposed neutral body and can to all effect be:

1) Held to account

2) investigated for corruption at its highest levels

3) Exposed as corrupt through media (however, this would take serious research and serious bodies to investigate and then lodge official complaints)

All we are seeing now is the inevitable. The discourse around the "new" cannabis has taken hold. You will note in the 2006 UNODC WDR a Theodore Leggett from the UNODC, who writes chapter 2 on the "new" cannabis ("skunk"), speaks of increases in potency of approximately 6 x's within a decade. They provide no evidence that is credible to substantiate this claim but instead point towards 1 single piece of research done in Holland. In the meantime Legget ignores very important research done in Europe that clearly shows there has been no across the board increases in THC in the same timeframe. I have analysed the Trimbos research which the UNODC uses as its only eveidence and found it horribly flawed . You can also backtrack and see a clear trail leading directly to the US FEd Government. If you're seriously into conspiracies I suggest you look closely and then publish what has occurred. You will find Christopher Pyne, Howards Health Minister, stating in March 2006, that cannabis today should be seen in the same light as other plant based narcotics such as heroin and cocaine. You will find the UN saying this many years before Pyne ever said it. You will also find that Howards drug advisor, the extremely right wing Salvation Army Captain Brian Watters, is a committee member on the INCB etc, etc, etc, etc. Now, let's look at this "skunk" thing. You will find that 60 Minutes Australia did one of their typically level headed, non - biased media pieces on a "deadly new drug" called "skunk" in 2003. Let's be realistic here and say that the feed for this typically lame 60 Minutes piece must have come from outside of Australia because the generic term for "hydro" the we use in Australia is not "skunk". "Skunk" is a European and UK term only. So, first off, we know the feed to 60 Minutes has come from Europe or the UK. To substantiate this further, we also have on the same lame 60 Minutes piece, them going to Europe to investigate the deadly new drug skunk. Now, compare this with the Trimbos Research and the hype coming out of the UNODC and what we are left with is a clear trail to the UNODC and to Trimbos (arguably they have worked together because the Trimbos research is SO flawed no credible researcher would go near it).

OK, next up, we have the INCB going after the UK for their undermining of the single narcotics convention. What happens there - in 2006, the Independent launches a front page apology for their earlier calls to legalise cannabis. They got it wrong, they tell the UK masses. Within a few days of this hysteria they print again, this time with Antonio Maria Costa (head of the UNODC) involved and being quoted as stating that cannabis is a greatly underrated drug, that it is very dangerous and that countries need to reevaluate cannabis laws. The only problem is, this is exactly what was in the 2006 UNODC WDR and the evidence now being used by the Independent comes directly from that report. So, we can locate the feed directly to Trimbos and the UNODC. Need I go on??

The problem with conspiracies is there tends to often to be massive holes in the argument. One tends to come out looking like a left wing fruit cake and generally speaking somewhat of a nutter. This won't be the case if you research this one because I assure you that the picture is VERY VERY clear, the evidence is irrefutable and the most sane of people will believe it when someone (ANYONE) prints it in the mass media. The UN is in bed with the US Federal Government. If this is the case, we have a major problem because then we need to evaluate the UN's role in the Iraq War AND OTHER WAR with US involvement and ask why the UN didn't go after Israel when they dropped cluster bombs all over the South of Lebanon - in contravention to the Geneva Convention and the rules of war. And. while we're at it the UN never held Israel to account for the murder of two of their staff in Lebanon who were clearly targeted by Israeli war planes having radio'd Israeli forces for hours warning them of their location and making calls to cease bombing around their location.

You mention the X-Files ------ well SS, the truth is out there :)

Oh :). Just after putting this up, I picked up todays paper. Gordan Brown (UK) has announced he is about to reschedule cannabis to a Class B drug against recommendations by the Brit Governments own advisory committee which sat only a month or so back. The power of propaganda folks and a big call out and congratulations to the UNODC for a job well done. UK gone. Aus going, going, gone. Canada going....... What next??? I'm off to spliff up :argue: Gad, no wonder we need drugs...

Edited by mullray