Is this nute burn...im mid flower stage...

So is this nute burn? Something else? Here's the deal. My plants are looking pretty good overall, but i just changed the nutes 2 days ago and added Big Bud, but, i used the powder for the 1st time and went by the light feeding schedule. So here i am a few days after and i started to notice some scattered leaves that look like these pics. Mostly they were on the bottom, although a few can be mid plant. Some of the worse ones either fell off or were weak and about to fall off. If you want to see my grow, go to grow diary's, called Morningstar. I should add that at this current time, most of leaves look fine, its some random scattered ones that have me worried about the problem spreading.

So is the nute burn bad, and can a little bit of nute burn be ok? Or is it nute burn at all? Don't some people over fert on purpose mid flower to try and get big growth? My PH levels were fine, around 6 (5.5-6). I dont want a major problem especially since im a few weeks from harvest. O yes, and can i just add some water to bring down the nute strength or do i have to start over? I have a 70 gallon rez and added about 5 gals of water to try and bring down the stregth.

thanks a lot (i gave a lot of info so i hope i didn't just confuse people) - yota

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/4422/32808001vl7.jpg

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3832/32808006pz7.jpg

you can look around and see that most leaves are ok for the time being -u can spot some spotty brown with some kean eyes

(and by the way, click the black bar to enlarge, not the picture)

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3577/32708004ef1.jpg

underneath the leaf is the crucial place to check for insect infestation

please take pix

and

check for ants in or around ya pots too

no ants in ya grow room

establish these facts quickly

and move on

the bottom leaves yellowing is slightly low N

its usally np at this stage

dont worry bout that

seen

the leaf narcroses and downward cerve of the tips could be a sign of you nutrient solution being too strong

when in dout

flush dem out

they dont look happy

whats the max temp?????

they look a bit dry

whats the humidity like???

it is always a safe to

flush with pure water

when you have probs like this

pour the water into the top of the pots till it runns out the bottom clear

then back to 1/2 stregnth nutritents for the rest of the day, next day 3/4, next day full

and back to normal feeding

you should do this regularly

1 week is cool

pure water should have a fairly netural ph

make sure to test it

and correct if needed

when ever you change or sup your solution

you should do it slowly

over 2 days

gradural changes in the nutrient solution are best for maintining a fast growth rate

reduce the possibality of shock

thats why

some times

less is best

irey guidance

i didnt really chance nutes midstream....i used the same nutes, just chanced from liquid big bud to powder form since it is cheaper. Also, my temps are about 70f, and RH is about 60-65. No ants or bugs on the bottom. Edited by yota

looks to me those are leaves from the bottom of the plant.. and probably gonna be falling off from now to harvest... due to lack of light.. theyve served their purpose...

the leaves up top look fine, nice and green... buds are looking fine too...

check under the leaves for mites.. little orange or red dots.. look closely you should see them wandering around.. if theyre there...

other than that.. theyre looking fine enough..

after looking at the pics again it looks like you are growing in soil or coco, kinda hard to tell because the pic was a little blurry, but either way it looks like a hand watered system with the plants grown in pot. from my experience when the plants look that good on top and start dying from the bottom up it is mostly caused by the plants being rootbound.

there are 3 ways to tell if a plant is rootbound:

1) growth slows considerably and eventually slows to a crawl so much so that an 8 week strain can take 10 weeks to finish

2) the bottom leaves start dying. they start on the shade leaves first and after it goes up 2 or 3 nodes the side branch leaves start dying as well

3) the most obvious sign of all, roots are coming out the bottom of the pot

if you have any one of those 3 things or even worse them all, i would forget the flushing and all that other shit and simply transplant them into another pot. if you cant fit larger pots in the grow room then there is only one option if you want to increase your yield although i cant really recommend it as it will cause a heap of stress lol basically you pull the plant out of the pot and gently tap away all the medium that you can free up. once you have got a fair amount of the medium recovered you then put some back in the original pot and then put the plant in as well. doing that can free up enough medium for the plant to happily continue growing without getting rootbound for a few weeks depending on the size of the pot which will lead to a fairly decent increase in yield, but unless you are growing a really forgiving strain it will stress the living piss out of the plants :bangin: if you are going to do it though i recommend being as gentle as possible and make sure you water the plants atleast daily until a day or 2 has passed since you notice new growth on the plant. if you do that and give the plant a little boost with something like superthrive there is a high chance that the stress levels of the plant will be minimal and you could notice new growth after a day or 2 after which the plant will give you a decent increase in yield because it is able to continue growing lol

Well yes it is a coco medium. And it is a flood/drain style. I have noticed that the roots are showing as i can see some through the holes in the bottom. The vertical growth has stopped, but i am seeing bud growth still. The buds are definitely growing, but i wonder if i need bigger pots still. hmmm

the shock of repotting might set u back another couple of weeks growth

i wouldnt do anyting too rash at this stage

yota

do you really want dem to grow taller

or fatter

at this stage, bloom, thats is what normaly happens

vertical growth should slow

and lateral growth (flowers) increases

seen

please take some more pix

pon the riseing tide if possible

are you still losing vitality at an increasing rate????

or is it stablizing?????

the leaf narcrocis or dead spots in the leaf is the ting to watch

the rest is fairly natural in the normal healthy growth cycle

if the leaf narcrosis is increasing dramiticly you need to do something fast

otherwize stick to yah plan

dont worry

sing to them

chant up your blessing for dem

show some love

it really works

irey guidance

they seem pretty stable, not much extra burn or whatever it is. Some leaves have it, but its not spreading fast or anything, bud growth is coming on strong! im not gonna do anything drastic, they look green and healthy. If i did see more and more, id flush and redoo nutes right away i think. Check my grow diary for more pics of the grow, ill update soon. Edited by yota