gone to seed

Bear with me as I don't usually grow my own, but, I had a few seeds given to me and decided to plant them in the bush and forget. I came back to them when they were about 4' tall, there were 5, and 3 were very skinny. I did a bit of homework and decided the skinny ones were male and when I checked again (a week later) sure enough they were clearly male - so I pulled them.

A couple of weeks later I have found the other two have 'gone to seed' effin hundreds! Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing as they came from good bush stock, but what I want to know is;

how do I know when to pull them and dry to extract the seeds, they are fairly hard right now?

are they still female and can the leaf be used in bucket bags?

post-15283-1206573821_thumb.jpg

Edited by pomjon1

Not being a pro, I'd say leave the plants until it's harvest time, dry and cure your harvest as per normal and when you chop, pick out the seeds. You can still smoke the stuff, don't worry. I've had a bag of pot that contained all in all over 100 seeds but the stuff was still pretty decent. The only annoying thing is picking the seeds out. Takes bloody forever and you'll still get the occasional one blocking your cone or exploding in a joint :xcited:

As for the leaf, not sure what you have in mind with it but you can smoke it. Tastes rather bad and doesn't do much but it's still usable...like when you're desperate or want to cut some pretty potent stuff. Just keep your hands off the fan leaves. they're really bad :protest

AK

Hey mate,

I've had this problem before and i have found a really easy way to get that seed out. If you live in the bush then you can hang ur buds up so that the tip is touching the ground. Overnight mice will run up the bud and eat all the seeds out! you can also do it with domesticated mice but make sure you clean their cage out beforwe you hang your bud into the cage or you get a nasty smell in your smoke. I had another mate do it with chickens but they absolutely decimated the buds, still smoked alright but just looked shit. Btw make sure you hang the buds up or you'll get mouse shit all thru your brew, which is way worse than seed...