unrooted cuttings and sexing

Hi all

due to space and time limitations im considering taking some cuttings, putting the stems in a cup of water and putting them in with my flowering girls in 12/12 to determine the sex of some plants that are in my nursery...will a cutting survive long enough to sex it without first being rooted?

You know I don't know if anyone has ever tried that. Why not just sex them by the preflowers? How old are the plants?

right now they are 2 weeks old...they will have to stay in my nursery for at least another 4 weeks because my flower room is full and wont be available till then....you're right im hoping pre-flowers will occur but that's not a guarantee or is it?

i have a clone rotation of 2 strains but wanted more variety so i started some seeds.....im hoping to sex the seedlings and get clones before i send the seedlings into the flower room...im hoping to keep my clone rotation going and merge the new strain in there at the same time..

the unrooted cuttings might have some trouble staying alive in the flowering room, but i know that if you root cuttings under 12/12 they will show their sex in general once rooted :whistle: some strains, in particular very sativa dominate ones can take a little longer, but generally speaking the clones should be showing their sex once they are rooted lol