Rockwool full of something....

So some of you know of my rockwool clones trials and tribulations. Well just when i though everything was ok, i found some dark matter in my rockwool tonight. At first it looks like some kind of dark mold with dark droplets of something, really small dots. But as i ripped a few open, i found what looked like insect parts. Looked like a miniature scorpion tail, and various ones had different small parts in them. I can only assume maybe some kind of eggs? Should i just toss the batch? Should i ride it out? Anyone ever had this...

never seen anything like it but i would take pics either way sounds fuckin cool if ya can keep them warm and moist and se what the fuck they are when they start hatching out

i wanna know what the fuck is in there go buy a plastic tub from the shops drill a few holes in there and line the bottem with some pirlite B) could be scorps if so sell them B)

cheerz lol

could be a preditory warsp or spider

not all insects are bad

preditors are irey

give we some more clues

pix rule

how big is the infestation?????

would it be too much work to pick em out by hand????

what kinda dammage are they doing to ya plants or system?????

dont do any ting too rash

seen

it only has a certain life span anyway

so yah still gotta dump it some day

and is dammaging to yah lungs when it dry out and particals become airbourne

everytime

rock wool sux

dey use it for sound proofing in recording studios

wounder why so manny top recording artists die so young of cancer????

it is not in my studio

i am not prepaired to risk it

But how do you feel about the mining of peat bogs to provide said jiffies radic? Not very environmentally friendly there...

Could be an example of "shot" where the rockwool process goes slightly awry during manufacturing and some metal/slag gets left in the fibres as they're laid down into slabs.

Best bet, as others have said though, is a close up photo of offending particles.

Yeah I agree. One of the clones I bought from the shops was in rockwool. I peeled away as much as I could and put her in my soil mix. She is doing great now... looked a little sick when I got her.

I remember that years ago rockwool was used for insulation. It sucked for that as well.