Fresh buds all year round

I recently recieved 'Ruderalis Indica' and 'Ruderalis Skunk' from planet skunk. As i live in nnsw i am always a little paranoid because of the yearly choppers and raids. I was thinking that because the above mentioned strains contain ruderalis genetics and are photo-independant, would this mean that they could be grown through winter( after the authorities have finished hassling the locals) and still get quite good yields as they do not depend on light (or lack there of) to go into flowering? Also if the plants just needed a certain amount of time they could be timed to flower just before christmas when it always seems to be dry. Or i could always have a plant going so that i could smoke fresh buds all year round.

So the question is. Does this plant always grow to a certain height and then bud?

I posted in general growing but this is where the post should really be as i am trying to avoid 'from the air' detection.

I have 'Ruderalis Indica' and 'Ruderalis Skunk'. As these strains are photo-independant does this mean that even in winter i will recieve decent yields as they will not be affected by the shorter days and continue to grow. or is the ruderalis 'budding regardless of light' thing only apply in summer, when they just bud early?

Im guessing what your talking about is an auto flowering plant similar to low ryder (which is rudy based as well)

the problems i have found with this strain is lack of yeild and lack of smoke quality so to answer your question yes you could grow it in winter as it dont depend on the light hours to begin flower but if you get frosts and very low temps in your area then you may have issues. Although i think rudy may be origionally from somewhere close to russia so then temps may not be an issue. (that may not be true wih crosses though)

From my experiance the best way to grow lowryder (or something similar) is to not use it as an outdoor strain but to use it as a hydro strain that way you can give it 18hr constant light and still be able to keep the temps in a good zone. I have found that without 18hrs minimum of light during flower period that the yeild is pretty shit

anyway thats just my 2c worth but hey give it a go if ya want would be good to see the results

cheerz B)

Up in bundaberg they have managed to get 4 harvests of hemp per year. one every 3 months. They have done this via adding ruderalis to the genetics. Hemp plants are really tall but have little room to branch. Surely this photo-independance can mean that someone out there can breed a strain that can be grown all year with good yields?

Up in bundaberg they have managed to get 4 harvests of hemp per year. one every 3 months. They have done this via adding ruderalis to the genetics. Hemp plants are really tall but have little room to branch. Surely this photo-independance can mean that someone out there can breed a strain that can be grown all year with good yields?

bundaberg is a quite tropical environment. you can grow all year round in the tropics. you however are in NSW which is a temperate zone which has cold winters and is much more difficult to try and grow through the winter..most likely your plants will get too cold (under 15C is not good for cannabis) and die..but it is possible albeit quite difficult. some other people on this board have grown thru the winter..search for some posts in outdoors section.. G'luck with it mate. :whistle: