this summer's grow

Hi everyone i have 6 females in about their 7'th or 8th week budding up real nice. there a mostly sativa strain and im thinkin it could be the aussie blues strain by the colour of the tric's. here is some pics, i need help coz i havnt ever had buds at this stage so advise would be sik. these are shitty pics but il get some better closeups soon. cheers

post-8075-1205572830_thumb.jpg

post-8075-1205572954_thumb.jpg

Nice buds dude ,your on the right track just gotta wait now till the white hairs are about 75% reddish /brownish colour.....Then chop away...There are other ways of telling when the plant is ready for havest by looking through a strong magnifying glass and check out the tricromes, they look like little mushrooms when 3/4 are a milky colour its the right time... so far so good....and keep on doing whatever your doing now......spaceleaf

we cant help id the strain, its impossible with all the strains going around these days B)

as for harvesting time that really depends on you preferences. the resin changes colour from clear to milky to amber and each has its own type of high that comes along. clear resin gives you an up high thats mainly felt in the head and with sativa strains like yours that high can be fairly intense almost like speed at first. milky coloured resin gives a stronger overall high as more thc has had the time to develop and it will hit mainly in the head, but also give a bit of body to it. amber coloured resin hits more in the body than the head and can make sativa head rushes alot less intense, but the added body high usually brings that really stoney feeling which makes up for the smaller "up" high you experience imo.

so if you like that speedy up high harvest when the resin has gone about 20% milky to ensure a decent level of thc. if you want a bit of body to your up high wait until the resin has just started to go amber and then harvest. if you like a fair bit of body to the high wait until 75% or more resin has gone amber.

all in all those plants look nice and provided you keep doing what you're doing you should pull a very nice crop. just dont make the mistake of ruining all that hard work you invested by harvesting at the wrong time :greedy:

thanks for the replies! most of the tric's are at the milky stage , no amber yet im waiting though cause therwes nothing like a body high , alot of hairs are browning but i think its coz new flowers growing. one of the plants buds are tuning purple is this because of the strain or is it a lack of something? its not the leaves but the flowers im actually happy with this because i have never had purple buds before! Its not decreasing the tric's by any way so it should be ok. anyway i got some better pics. also i have pretty much cut out all the nutrients (sulphate of potash)and and leaves are slowly yellowing and the buds stil growing. Is this what your supposed to do do get rid of any bad taste after harvest or wil it be the same as if i cut it with dark leaves and a normal PH? And flushing? is it realy important?? hope the pics can say more than i can

thanks everyone! jus B)

would help if we could see the pics, but the purple colours coming through is either from the cold or a nutrient deficiency. either way its a little late to really do anything about it and you should continue giving the plant only water so that the nutrients stored in the plant are used up. it will make the end product taste so much nicer and it wil go down smoother than you can imagine B)