More clone help for a cloning noob...please!

So its been 10 days and no roots out the bottom yet. The clones leaves are starting to yellow at the bottom, and 1 clone had some powdery mildew on it. I took off the humidity dome and thats all i know to do at this point. Is there a problem here? Should i get the humidity dome off and start treating these like real plants yet? thanks again for all the help...next time will hopefully go smoother!

ah crap. i made a bunch of extra clones with hopes of even half surviving, but i pulled one up from the rockwool tonight to see if it was rooting, and holy hell, it doesn't have any roots. wtf!!!

I dont know what to do at this point, i guess just sit tight and wait? shouldn't there be some kind of roots after 10 days? even the slightest resemblance of roots starting?

Any help appreciated, im very frustrated and not sure any of them have roots at this point.

Heres pics!!!!!

Heres the batch

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/9887/31208003gb4.jpg

Heres a yellowing leaf close up

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5684/31208001iz7.jpg

This one was the worst of em all

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8444/31208007mn3.jpg

This is the unrooted stem i pulled from a cube. Im wondering if they all look like this. omfg

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8522/31208009fv3.jpg

ok the way i check if they are on there way is to pick each up by the stem if it comes out of the cube then there was little hope for that one

so i would give each a lift befor ya start again and scrap the ones that pull out if they lift then they have some roots forming at least

what i do next is when i see the leaves yellowing abit like i can see in your pics is hit them with a small amount of half strength nutes with about 5ml of clonex and some rhizotonic mixed in this will boost the root growth and may just get them popping soon

but if they all lift out then start again and i would also add a few cups of perlite in the bottom this helps keep the humidity up and keeps the cuttings taking water in untill they tap a root or 2

hope that helps but yeah as tom said read his clone tute will teach ya a few things

cheerz :sdj:

well, looks like a failure. I pulled up most and they had no roots. I did follow step by step guides about this, so i don't know where i went wrong. I got some rockwool soaking now, gonna try again, but this time the plants are in flower. Wish me luck. Gonnna soak for a few hours, about 6 and then try again i guess. sigh...

I think maybe you should have given them longer. They generally look healthy to me. I hardly ever see roots within ten days. Some of my cuttings can take a month especially at cooler times of the year. I have persevered with plants I have thought were dead (totally wilted, lying down) that have recovered. Those cuttings are generally larger than what I would have taken although that might not be a problem.

That last photo looks as if it is starting to root ;see those little bumps at the bottom of the stem (unless that is water drips).

Don't give up.

if there is a hard knot at the end, does that mean they are going to start rooting? And what about the powdery mildew, do poeple ever see that on clones, and if so is it bc of too high humidity? Should i use a fan?

That hard knot at the end is the first sign that the cutting wants to produce roots. I prefer not to let the humidity get too high. I don't even have mine covered at all unless the general humidity is really dry(no dome nothing) and my success rate is pretty good. The rockwool cube needs to go through a wet/ dry cycle IMO. In other words let the cube dry out until it is quite light before re wetting it.

There are heaps of different methods and I have seen many work that really shouldn't. An example was a mate of mine who just cut a piece of plant with rusty scissors and stuck in the shittiest dirt from his garden and put it straight under a 150w metal halide. I couldn't believe seeing a healthy plant 3 weeks later. on the other hand some people do everything by the book and it doesn't work. Go figure!

Also some varieties are harder to get success than others.