Police seize $2.5 million cannabis crop at Armidale

Police seize $2.5 million cannabis crop at Armidale

Monday, 03 Mar 2008 10:19am

Police from New England LAC and State Crime Command’s Drug Squad seized more than 1200 cannabis plants with a street value of almost $2.5 million during a three day operation.

Strike Force Hutching 2 was conducted in the New England LAC between Thursday 28 February and Saturday 1 March and covered areas near Tingha and Wytaliba, as well as forests near Glen Innes.

The first two days of the operation involved extensive searches on land and from the air by the Police Air Wing helicopters. About 40 separate cannabis sites were identified.

Police executed a search warrant on properties in Wytaliba, as well as searching the surrounding State Forest on Saturday 1 March. A total of 1221 healthy, mature-sized plants, ranging in height from 1-4m, were seized.

The plants have an estimated potential street value of $2,442,000.

Commander of New England LAC, Acting Superintendent Greig Stier, described the operation as a great success and said it should serve as a warning to locals who illegally grow cannabis.

“We have effectively stopped almost $2.5 million worth of cannabis from going onto the local streets. Police from my LAC as well as the Drug Squad did an excellent job during this operation and I want to thank them for that,” Supt Stier said.

“I would also like to send a strong message to the locals in these areas that if they persist in the illegal cultivation of drugs they can expect to come under our notice and we will dedicate all our resources to seizing the plants and charging them.”

Inquiries are continuing in regards to possible charges in relation to the cultivation of the crops.

Anyone with information in regards to illegal cultivation of cannabis is urged to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. All information is confidential.

Ahahaha, you better see a doctor mate, your sense of smell must be screwed!

calm down buddy im no pig, just horrified at the amounts the cops have been pulling this season.

I would understand that ya might wanna share the story but Dude why put the fuckn crime stoppers number there then? :sdj: ................

lol none of us will be helping the fuckers!! - it`s a job just trying to hide it from the pricks lol

:sdj:

CHRON lol

I would understand that ya might wanna share the story but Dude why put the fuckn crime stoppers number there then? :sdj: ................

lol none of us will be helping the fuckers!! - it`s a job just trying to hide it from the pricks lol

:sdj:

CHRON lol

:/ ahahaha, personally i find it quite amusing, as knowing none of would ever use the number (and the number and stuff is located in the article text, so its not like im personally adding it in).

lol ahahaha, personally i find it quite amusing, as knowing none of would ever use the number (and the number and stuff is located in the article text, so its not like im personally adding it in).

It is all sort of depressing xshiva :sdj: I'd use the number - I think we all should when they have dob in a doper campaigns. Ring in and dob in the straight bastards next door and see how they like their doors being knocked on at 7am. Would tie up the cops too. Hell, I pay my taxes and I want justice - safe streets from dobbers to begin with.