Cloning with seeds

Yeah it won't hurt the plant, but the clone might not root as easily. The highest concentration of rooting hormones reside in the branches closest to the mother plants roots. They might not be the prettiest branches, but they have a better chance of striking. You don't need them on the flowering plant anyway, they're just popcorn buds. The clones genetics will be the same no matter where you take the cutting. It will be an exact copy, so nws.

kool thanks for the informed answers

i really wanna produce seed cause i dont wanna have to import more seeds but if i get a nice female i wanna be able to keep it going also...

i dont mind sacraficing this grow for seeds but i would like to get a mother also.............

your best bet would be to grow the plants and sex them.. this way youll know theyre female... and take clones before you seed them.. taking clones from flowering plants is a lot harder than taking them from vegging plants.. the nitrogen levels drop when flowering.. and its easier to get roots with higher levels of nitrogen.. also.. if theyve been seeded.. then the plant is putting all this energy into producing seeds.. so i dont think youll get them to strike very easily with seeds already in the plant..

what i do.. is grow out a shitload of seeds.. flower them all the way through.. this way youll know exactly what the buds are like... and whether or not its worth keeping.. then cut most of the buds off.. leaving quite a few of the under buds on.. and switch back to 18/6 and reveg them.. then clone from there.. youll know if its a keeper, also if its pure female... and youll have a handful of buds to go with it...

making seeds isnt all that hard.. but it is time consuming... especially if you dont know what youre working with.. whats the strain.. and have you grown it before?