i found silica to be a great additive. it makes the plants more tolerant to abuse,makes them grow a bit better in general and to top it all off it adds a fair amount of weight at the end. i think it makes the individual flowers a little thicker, it felt that way to me anyway and because the flowers are thicker, the buds end up weighing heaps more :peace:

Silica and sand go hand in hand, if you look at the people that live in desert situations how wonderful and strong their backs are, they can carry urns on their heads full of whatever, and I think this outcome is attributed by the bombardment of sand they live with daily. So I cannot see why it would be detrimental.

I use Silica Majik as well, and it seems to do as the sales blurb says. Weight and general thickness of the flower does appear to increase

It is important, as billo said, to make sure the Silica is added first as the pH jumps up past 9. This has to be lowered before adding any nutrient as it will render the iron chelates in the nutrient unavailable if mixed at the high pH.

If you start using it, it must be used the entire grow(except when final flushing) to gain the maximum benefit.

http://www.flairform.com/Products/silikamajic.htm

I use the Bunnings Silica $13 for 500ml , its labeled for foliar spray ,,, I put 100ml in my tank at the start of the week before adding anything else , Ive tried all the ones mentioned above and this done the same job with the same yield , overall health better , heavier buds and stronger stem and knuckles (side stem join off main ) .

Rod