Advice: Should I use some Dutch Master in my soil grow?

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1821/dutchmooster001zg9.jpg

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/376/dutchmooster003mk8.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5109/growbabygrow001nm9.jpg

Should I use some of this Dutch Master on my flower soil baby and if so how much?

1/4 strength once a week? 1/2 strength? twice a week? etc...

What ph level given that its going into soil?

Edited by llama farmer

Half strength at first then upto full strength if it likes it.

Ph about 6.5.

Feed it when it looks like it is hungry or try every 3rd watering.

Jimbo :D

I give it a big drink daily as it gets full sun, sun up to sun down, so that would be a fert every three days...

I will start on half strength... ...now to calibrate the ph meter IF I can find it and IF I have calibration fluid...

Can you keep a bucket of nutrient water out of the sun, say in the shed, and continue to use it?

I usually give it a litre and a half to two litres per day so if I did up 10/5 litres worth of nute water per week it would be ok wouldn't it? rather than mixing up micro amount every third day?

Edited by llama farmer

In soil I have found that foliar feeding is best as it doesn't have a chance to build up in the soil.

Always feed at sunset because this is when the plants stomata open.

And get rid of any night time lighting as this can halt flowering. Even the light of a single candle is too much.

Edited by Pam

it is best to make fresh nutes, for your situation, heat does play a role, most nute manufacturers recommend to use within a short space of time, especially in summer.

Ok ta

In soil I have found that foliar feeding is best as it doesn't have a chance to build up in the soil.

Always feed at sunset because this is when the plants stomata open.

And get rid of any night time lighting as this can halt flowering. Even the light of a single candle is too much.

When you say foliar feeding all I can picture is a spray bottle... Are there specific techniques involved? How much can you foliar feed a planet? Drench it in the missed of the equivalent amount you would poor onto the soil? (1-2 litres) Can you spray all over including the developing flowers or just aim for fan leaves?

Also all the solar lights are broken :D so its nice and dark

I don't want to disagree withthe importance of giving the plants a dark environment to flower well, but I've seen mate's plants flower while very much effected by street lighting. What I mean by "effected", is that he always showed me how they progressed at night time, and we looked on only by street lighting.

When I grew outside in the bush, I had to access one spot, one season by night time. Putting a torch on out there would be disaterous, and so I walked 4 hours there, 2 hours back totally by the moon. You'd be surpised just how much moonlight is in a natural setting. I wear glasses, and without them would walk into walls. but just by the moonlight, navigated fences, cliff tops, saw every step in front of me as if it were mild street lights.

I'd be removing any scurity lights you have, be sure the curtains on that side of your house are pulled before switching the light on at night..that kind of stuff..but I just think it's a little less drastic than many think.

Hey that's just my little opinion. But next time there's a full moon just step out and have a looksee. Make your own decision.

peace to everyone.

rob

:wub: Nothing to do with the thread topic in particular I know but how long has she been in that pot for? If its been a while, I would repot her into a larger pot llama. Yeild is affected by cramped roots to the point that you can often get half the yeild that a plant with 'free' roots will give you. Especially in soil. As they go to head the roots have a burst of feeder roots grow to ensure food for big flowers. My theory is, if these roots dont have room they grow into the last of the air pockets left in the soil which are essential to allowing the soil to breath and replenish oxygen thus slowly suffocating the roots and affecting yeild. I repot at about the same age that plant looks outdoor and when I switch to 12/12 indoor.

lol Peace MongyMan

Just my lil 2cent worth as well, one thing i would watch is the build up of salts from the nutes as in soil it can build up quite quick and u wont even know until your plant starts to turn yellow from nute burn from the build up in the soil.

Back in the day when i use to use nutes on a soil grow i would use it once a month and found that was more then enough...