Re-vege outdoors

Has anyone had any luck in re-vegen outdoors......i plant in late winter pick at the end of november .she the takes a couple of weeks to re-vege then heads back to flower..i then pick in april but the frost gets me in the after that .This year i will try winter in a greenhouse to hopfully beat the frosts..

Look forward to your comments and criticism...I will post this years grow....dont excpect monsters i play with clones, got sick and tired of males putn there balls where there not wanted :peace: {dont want seeds} :crap: post-8359-1204406429_thumb.png

Yes it can be done i have had a plant going for around 3 years.

Yep the frost will get ya every time, but u said u have a green house keep her in there over winter and wile the frost is still about and she should be rite until it is time to put her back out side again...

yeah ive managed to reveg a couple outdoor

but my statement is this

a cannabis plant is annual

therefore grows flowers and dies in 1 yr

reproducing a new generation

thats there goal and aim in there short life

now reveging isnt natural and ive read in some instances

can change the genetics of the plant

do u ever notice an increase in potency??

like around 3 rd revege?

all the best

bil

I think there are a number of factors that can have an effect on whether a plant will reveg.

Temps are one and Light intensity is another but a mixture of either in the wrong amounts can swing anywhere from tripping into flower all the way to death.

I have left 3/4 of a plant, just knocked the big colas off, and slowly watched it die as winter dragged on whilst freshly rooted clones in the same plot powered into flower.

The plants didn't get touched by frost living near the coast in Qld and they had full winter sun all day, but something happened? I think a build up of a hormone due to not enough light intensity for not long enough probably told the plant it's time was up.

I believe if I could have put a light source above the plant of enough intensity then it would have revegged before a point of no return was reached in it's physiology

This I think will work at my place, I'm not saying it will work everywhere and not saying that revegs can't occur in different climates(greenhouses etc) under different lighting regimes.

I'd say if you can keep a light above the plant for 4 weeks until it starts to reshoot then it should start to flower again survive winter and reveg again.

I have discussed this elsewhere with a breeder and he employed the use of external flood lighting to extend summer and put more height on a crop close to his house.

You can grow young plants through the frosts and we average around -3ºC here, with the extremes between -5ºC and -10ºC on maybe two days of the year.

Same as clones may keep flowering while a more mature mother plant will slowly pack it in right next to them. Eventually on the end of July the clones will all start packing their bags as well unless you take them inside at night. Personal experience tells me that if you want plant varieties which can last the winter, that these will be strains that will take longer to mature(long season). The Dutch breeding program is tied to greenhouse or indoor culture as well as short seasons.

Outdoor plants are generally in the ground. So shifting them is not easy. Yes it can be done and this is one of the better ways to revegetate. Due to the fact that you throw the plant into total shock.. and must remove large quantities of stem/leaf in order to compensate for root damage. Loads of water is also required. However revegetation is only possible if the averages of daylength and temperature are well higher than averages for winter in most temperate areas. So If you shift a plant place it into a warm and sunny spot sheltered from the cold winds. You must not confuse the terms bushouse, greenhouse, shadehouse, hothouse etc.. Essentially even in a Queensland environment one will also need to use a light and heat source unless you are talking North of Cairns. The British used "stove houses" to cultivate all the plants they took from tropical areas of the world. In Australia we have successfully devised solar powered greenhouses. All of those of us with the green thumb bent.. know the comfortable places in the yard for plants that love to be warm rather than cold. Creating a such a place is a very good idea.

The main point is that a weed is a weed. It has specially evolved to take advantage of the best parts of the year in which to pass on the genes to the next. I have managed to harvest and transplant one plant from September to May during which time it had four harvests where the first harvest was the top 1/3 of two small cola's the last harvest was almost a kilo. Total harvest was 1.25 kilo. So yes it can be done while the weather is warm enough and the days are long enough. The problem is keeping them through the cold period without taking them indoors.. It is not easy and generally requires exceptional circumstances.

Friends of mine once kept one for seven years... In a Sydney suburban backyard.

The best method of revegetation is cloning.

Edited by gouger

Not sure if it's been mentioned, I'm very tired and just saw this as I was turning everytning off to go to bed.

But the one major determining factor I found when re-vegging plants in the bush was the amount of vigor the plant had at the time.

I've got to agree the best way is to take fresh clones each time, as they're fresh and vigorous.

I've taken clones all through winter, placing them out to flower naturally after they reach a foot tall under fluoros..and the ones last to go out and flower before spring revegged 100% each and every time. Too easy. they were very young, had vegged onoly a month under lights, and a couple months of flowerring, so were still very full of go.

On the other hand, I usually liked to get my plants in the ground in Spetember when I grew conventionally (depending on rainfalls). Most of the strains(well I think all of them) I grew then took months to flower, literaly 3-4 months of flowering after 6 months veg. Almost 100% of these died, no matter how much I tried to reveg them. They weere just too worn out I feel.

best of lcuck wahatever u decide.

rob

Hey that's a ripper of a grow spot lol is it northerly facing?

So you should be able to keep them warm enough, maybe? Just need more daylight hours. Is it possible to rig up a spot light in the back yard? Not neccesarily over the plants, but as close as possible? I'm thinking self ballasted mercury as they are cheap, weatherproof and screw into those cheap spot lights and wouldn't look out of place? 400 Metal Halide weatherproof above them would rock! :whistle:

Is the greenhouse fully sealed up? What a beauty! These outdoor hotbox/house thingos are excellent :huh: