Ephedra Sinensis

Looks just like any other dicotyledon to me.

I will caution you:

Important legal information:

1) The importation of ephedrine containing Ephedra herb into Australia is prohibited under the Customs Act 1901, Regulations, Schedule 4 (Drugs).

2) The export of ephedrine containing Ephedra herb is prohibited under Schedule 8 (export regulations) of the Customs Act.

3) Possession/supply/consumption of ephedrine containing material such as Ephedra herb is illegal under the Standard for the uniform scheduling of drugs and poisons (Australia), Schedule 9 (the same schedule as Heroin!!!!!) as enacted under state drug legislation.

4) Importation of Ephedra species seed is prohibited. The reason given by customs is that "even though Ephedra seeds do not contain any ephedrine, they can be used to grow a plant that contains ephedrine and hence they are illegal" (yes, this is what they said!!).

Many countries are scheduling ephedrine and ephedra products, but many find their new laws challenged, ending in a confusing legal mess. Make sure you have up to date information on your local legislation before ordering any ephedra products from anywhere.

:peace:

anyway.. my contention is that unless a doctor prescribes such drugs for you.. then you may well be doing yourself permanent harm by using them.

^ I do grok your point. I don't totally disagree but i will say that marijuana can have certain cannabinoids isolated from the plant chemistry but that there is no known serious harm that such chemicals do to metabolisms.

However we do know that Ephedrine if isolated and used, can and does do serious damage.

From gouger,

QUOTE-"However we do know that Ephedrine if isolated and used, can and does do serious damage. "

Serious damage ???.... Like drying your sinuses?

What a load of DOGSNOT !! Utterly illinformed misinformation.

Also, as it may be illegal to import, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to possess within Australia's borders.

Well done Naycha. In a year or two, you'll have enough herb to make yourself a nice refreshing Mormon Tea.

Look up Mormon Tea with google.

Hows your Ephedra coming along Naycha? Want to tell me about it? I'm still waiting for mine to sprout, though its only been 5days Ive no experience with it so it may come yet.

Took your advice with the poppies and theyre coming along nicely

Good to hear your poppies are going well.

My ephedra didn't get much further than the stage it's at in the first post, can't remember what I did but I killed it.

Hope you have better luck :)