How to produce feminised seeds

Hi guys, I currently possess a really nice bagseed female that i have been cloning for quite some time. I was really hoping to spread it's genes with other ppl, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me how to produce seeds from a female clone without a male. I read a while back that you can take a clone, stress it to force hermaphroditism, and then allow it to self-pollinate and produce all-female seeds. Can anyone help me out as to how to do this process with success?

its really quite easy...

just have the light timer come on for an hour half way through the dark period... this will trick the plant.. when the plant notices irregular light times it will try and self seed.. also increased humidity and temps will also force the plant to "hermie".. or produce "banana" leaves..

or really just serial cloning will do it too .. eventually.. just clone from the clone before you turn to flower.. and so on..

but i think youll find the easiest way is to just use the light timer method..

some strains will react to the stress better that others tho.. in all my years ive only ever had one strain.. Northern Lights.. that didnt want to self seed...

doing this wont riddle the room with seeds.. and once you see enough "banana" leaves the timer can be put back to its original setting... then just let the seeds mature.. they are ready when they are almost falling out of the seed bract..

this in no means will result in 100% females.. you will find males..and true hermies... and you will need to find a male to cross with a female if you want a strong "staminate" seed stock... its a bit of process and takes about a year to complete..

Thanks heaps for the info SS, I'll definitely give it a go cos this strain is the best. Using this method, do you need to dedicate a whole grow room? If so, I can't really afford to give up my wardrobe, but could i start the flowering process with 2 x 48watt warm white cfl's, and then when i see the male flowers put it outside to finish budding?

Wow SS this sounds like an excellent way to get seeds! I just took 5 cuttings, so ill probably use 3 for self-seeding. My cab is in use at the moment so i think i'll just veg them for a month then put them outside, putting three under a light between 11-12pm. Are there any other ways you recommend to increase the stress? Should i use a humidity dome or something? Do root-bound plants go hermie? Should i use small pots?

hey,

You could force a plant say 2-3 weeks into 12/12 with light stress to show hermie flowers then put it back to 16on 8 off so it stuck in reveg or preflower stage.. this should be enough stress to keep it providing flowers... Then collect the bannanas and pollen as they are ready... Although as others say you really should be using the plant that wont hermie under stress with giberlic acid etc.. High plant numbers, wattage or temp flux in resevoir system also brings them out... have a read of this should help some how to of fem seeds