Cannabis is a Gateway Drug?

medcanaware

Question

When known medicinal and recreational psychoactive drug takers, who take Class A, B and C drugs on a regular basis (albeit buzzword ‘legal’ ones), call Cannabis (and not even THC) a ‘gateway’ drug, they always wield the term for the negative, while at the same time their actions are saying, ‘legal drugs are the gateway to fun, to sport, to fashion, to celebrity, to politics, to music, to entertainment, to family events, to special days and holidays etc’.

But Cannabis can be a positive ‘gateway’. Not all gateways lead to destruction or abuse. To medical sufferers who gain great benefit from respectful medical cannabis application, Cannabis/THC is most definitely a gateway ‘drug’.

1) It is a gateway to most definite improvement in quality of life for sufferers.

2) It is a gateway to medical benefit -

For seizure disorders, it is a gateway to seizure control.

For muscle spasms and cramping, it is a gateway to alleviating spasms and cramping.

For pain disorders, it is a gateway to alleviation of pain.

For inflammatory disorders, it is a gateway to alleviation of inflammation.

For digestive disorders, it is a gateway to helping the digestive system.

For nausea, it is a gateway to alleviation of that nausea.

For poisoning/toxicity, it is a gateway to toxin removal.

For bacterial disorders, it is a gateway to bacteria eradication.

For fungal disorders, it is a gateway to fungus eradication.

For skin disorders, it is a gateway to alleviation of skin problems.

For wasting disorders, it is a gateway to stimulating hunger.

For obesity, it is a gateway to fat burning.

For sleep/insomnia disorders, Cannabis Indica is a gateway to getting a good night’s sleep, without risking not waking up in the morning. (R.I.P Heath Ledger).

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, it is a gateway to alleviation of most, if not all, symptoms including the night terrors, which Cataplectics etc. also suffer with for their entire lives.

For sleep and day paralysis, Cannabis is the gateway to alleviating these symptoms as well.

Basically, for replacing a pharmacy of toxic drugs, Cannabis is a gateway to non-toxic drug application and consumption.

So...next time someone says to you that Cannabis is a gateway drug - first tell them the drug is THC and then agree with them - but under this Criteria. And don't forget to mention that even though THC is the psychoactive drug in the Cannabis race, the rest of the herb is also very beneficial as a medicinal agent.

10 answers to this question

BAsed on the usual "theory"of a gateway, that being a smoker uses pot, which opens some desire, or reduces inhibition to using other drugs...then one day the dealer runs out of smoke, and ofers some deadly other substance...ra ra ra..

I know I spent a lot of my youth in brisbane, which may not be as full on and as debased as you southern buggers, but when I was reliant on "dealers", I never ever had a contact whic h had anything to offer me but pot. In fact,. those I know who took it on themselves to look for some other substance to get onto have had hard roadds to get there, becuase of the different sub-cultures you have to cross to get the contacts.

Maybe in sin city Sydney, or morbid Melbourne, those evil places who have large Muslim populations...that might be connected you know, bet thathasn't been studied out yet..

But in sedate righteous Bris. I never saw a dealer's house that had a variety of drugs to choose from.

rob

Gateway theory is simply more voodoo pharmacology. i.e. "the drugs made me do it and they're evil" argument.

Don't know how an inanimate narcotic is "evil" but hey....

But the idea of responses to "gateway" arguments if you have them put to you is a good one, I'd be interested to hear what members generally say to those who put this to them...

"The drugs made me do it" ...yeah that can be blamed for alot of the crap "re-search" getting about too.

Our local area has a lot of "activity" on friday and Saturday nights with youth playing up, and the local cop shop lock up has taken to caling th doctor whenever a young person is brought in to spend the night or longer, if they're brought in high on anything at all. there's been some sueing going on with people not getting meds in jail. People arested for being on a dangerous substance, but yet the cops found no reason to have them medically tested to. Good defense.

I know the doctor who is on call, and he reckons every one of these kids who hav been brought in for serious destruction of property blame being stoned. They say they don't remember doing it, they had some dope, then it's all a blank. Sad defense.

Anyway, the doctor I'm speaking of was a supporter of pot when I first met him, now he questions it. He also reports the high instance of people needing treatment for large amounts of speed or opiates, and they tell tales of woe of starting on pot, and before they knew it, bang! they're on the hard stuff..

All bullshit "the devil made me do it" crap used to try and avoid responsability for their actions. but it's being used so much, it's definately being heard.

rob

Mmm, I wonder how much alcohol is involved in the youth 'playing up' :peace: . . . sure, the 'kids' may have smoked a bit but I'll bet my bottom dollar that alcohol is involved, and none of your good stuff, it'd be Chardonnay 'd Cardboard or the like . . . whatever they could get their mitts on :thumbsup: . . . and as for marijuana being a gateway drug, crikey, I'm so sick of hearing that, what a crock, I never heard a single Heroin addict [when I worked in the Methadone Clinics] state that marijuana smoking led them to shooting up [or even smoking] heroin . . . kinda streets apart really [oh sorry, that statement is too much like common sense, an approach which has nothing to do with all the bs we get in the media and from the government] :rolleyes:

Ya dead right Dragonfan, I was years on street van stuf, and every disordely youth I saw had his (or her) gut full of piss. usually bloody hard gear, or cheap shit. There was a period when they could get some alcohol additive from home bottle shops, they didn't have to be 18 to buy it and somhow converted it (or it was ready to go?) and for like 2 bux each had enough for 5 or 6 of them to put in for half a gallon of real awful firewater.

rob

Yeah sure pipehitter, but then you probably don't buy from Hollywood movie set dealers..."psst... wanna get high...?..."

Sorry, trying to be sarcastic.

The truth is movies and pulp media has a profound effect on the public, even those who should know better. It's when the women's weekly or whatever it is starts running articles on oxycontin abuse, doctors who stock these crap magazines in their waiting rooms, get their opinions from. They just go with the public notion like everyone, and so I suppose the efftect of dealers on hollywood (and other movie companies) playing the shadey role of a type trying to hook kiddies...becomes reality in many people's minds.

Pity there isn't a way to sue them for mis-representation.

rob