Freezing

Don't freeze your buds. It will drive the moisture out of them, just like freezing bread.

Well-dried (important! must be too dry to support mould) cannabis will keep for months if contained in a glass jar with a tight sealing lid and kept in a cool (5C-28C), dark place.

I've smoked a bag of buds I've misplaced in a drawer for a year and found they're OK, even without a jar. :smoke:

The worst depleters of potency are exposure to light and excessive temperature (>29C) in storage.

ummm how about a 50 ltr plastic drum buried under the ground with my weed in pound bags that ive air sealed so that theres no air in them....how long will they hold for????

nup sorry wont work ... give them to me to look after B)

nah, seriously thats a good way and they will hold for .. well ive done them for 12 months and they come out just as fresh, provided they are properly dried and dead before storing ..

interestingly one bag i buried green (in colour) but came out 6 months later almost yellow-brown!! .. i put it down to the fact it may not have been completely dead when i put it in and it did a sorta cure whilst buried , it tasted great there was no deteriation in quality just a colour change ... ive never been able to replicate it though :)

:)

Al b right B)

Dried properly (a few weeks of jar or bag curing as well if ya can), then stored in an airtight and light tight container it will keep for a lot longer than most people will keep it (I've smoked 5yr old buds that were quite palatable), although, even a small amount of humidity will cause musty stench and sometimes mildew in a surprisingly short period.

Potency and flavour will improve for a while if stored properly as buds continue to cure for quite some time.

:)

Edited by TheHeadCing