hey urb..need some ideas

Guest bacchus

Guest bacchus

hey urb....

have a beautiful whole piece of eye fillet (bout 700gms)that i intend to roast this week, was thinking of doing a nice mustard baste, but as i have never done this, any tips?...we have a brilliant old "early kooka" gas stove, very solid cast metal, something grandma and grandpa might have had in the kitchen...produces excellent heat but can be difficult to regulate precise tempuratures as the temp dial doesn't really work, can only control the flow of gas.....we have been a bit cautious about doing any roasting in this oven yet...like things to be a little pink, but not moo'ing.... :P

also any ways to incorporate canna cooking in preparing something to roast...

cheers urb.. :P

bacchus

Guest Urbanhog

mmmmm fillet steaks.....I love good cuts of meats specially beefs and lamb as I hardly eat chicken and pork these days.... :P

well.... if it was me, what I will do is......I will get some of that Keen's French mustard or wholeseed will do, and just lightly rub the whole fillet with mustard, olive oil and pepper then get some nice red wine and pour 1-2 cups worth of red over the fillet, marinate the beef in fridge overnight, covered with glad wrap. I usually marinate in the tray that I am cooking the meat in the oven. Then in the morning, turn the fillet over so it will be other day for the red wine to soak the other side into the beef, as after over nite, you will notice a red stain on the bottom, so turn over :P. I mean it will be only marinating overnight and a day if you get confused here :P. I often throw few leaves of tarragon herbs into it.

Then drain the wine red, blood juices out of the tray and put into a bowl. Pour some more olive oil to just cover the tray because you have drained out all the juices from marinating. Keep the bowl of the juices.

There's two opinions:

[*]If the fillet will fit in your frying pan, heat up the frying pan on high, and just quickly brown the fillet to "seal" all the juices inside the fillet, not cooking the fillet, just brown it to kinda bit dark brown colour. Then chuck in the oven on low for 60-90mins to slowly cook the fillet while still keeping the meat tender and "medium rare" if thats what you want your fillet to be right?

[*]Or chuck in the oven on high for 20 or so mins until its all crispy/dark brown colour on the outside, then lower the oven on very low to slowly cook it for 60-90 mins depending on the redness you want it to be.

Now.... this is where the cannabis comes along.....

again there's two opinions or you can use both opinions at the same time.....

[*]Get a small onion, half handful of shrooms, chopped finely, saute it in saucepan with bit of olive oil then Grab a bud or two and mull it very very finely and chuck the mulled buds into the saucepan and pour all that bowl of the meat juices that you marinated with overnight. Get a gravy mix, I use Massel's Gravy Mix, as I am very lazy to make the gravy in old fashioned way, This gravy mix is a fave of mine as its suitable for vegetarians and its also Halal approved, its in very fine powder and never produces lumps like most gravy mixes do because this gravy mix is just added in a cup of cold water and stir up! Then pour the gravy water mix into the saucepan, bring to boil and then simmer for 10-20 mins....bingo! now you have Canna-Red Wine Gravy :P I often add a spring of fresh rosemary herb, yeah I like rosemary in beefs just for a lightly hints of roasemary, I only like strong roasemary hints in lambs. Or If you want strong red wine gravy, just add more red wine and other tablespoon or so of gravy mix to thicken it. Its very piss easy to make, otherwise if you have a faveourite sauce of yours for roast beefs, just chuck in finely mulled bud and simmer for while, use about 1-2 grams of buds.

[*]Other opinion... is adding the cannabis in the veggies I assume you are going to serve with right? My favourite is Pototao Casserole .... very easy to make, all you need is a small/medium baking dish, peel either normal potaotes, sweet potatoes and pumpkin, (I often use all three) then slice very finely like small potato cakes. get a onion slice very finely along with few gloves of garlic.... then make layers of mixed onions, garlic, potato/pumpkin mix in the backing dish. once the baking dish is half filled, you can either spread some canna-pesto in the middle layer or get 1-3 grams of finely mulled buds and sprinkle all over evenly in the middle layer then get some either fetta, parmsen or normal tasty/chedder cheese, grated and sprinkled over lightly on top of weed/canna-pesto then finish off the top of the baking dish with more potato/pumpkin/onion mix, and push down and make sure its packed tightly then sprinkle more cheese on top, not too much, just lightly..... now finally... get 1.5 cups of cream, one egg, salt and pepper to taste, whip it up and pour all over the top of the baking dish and let the cream/egg mix go thru the casserole, then chuck in the oven on medium heat for approx 70-90 minutes... its cooked when you can easily poke a knife thru... its best to let the casserole "rest/cool down" for approx 20 mins before serving.

Same with beef, when you have cooked it, cover with the foil, and let it "rest" as this will make it more tender believe me, and easier to cut.

With potato casserole, I often add fistfuls of fresh chopped parsely all over the casserole and along with sprinkled weed in the middle layer.

If this is not what you are looking for, just ask me any questions, and I will try to suggest some more ideas to make your enjoyable stoned dinner night.....

Cheers,

Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

Guest bacchus

whew...thanks urb.... :P

will go with the mustard and wine i think....

will have to sear in the pan....our oven can take such a bloody long time to cool down...shouldn't curse it though, it is the best damn oven i have ever used.....i luurvve cooking with gas, you can get more of a feel for what you are doing i think....this oven cooks the best pizzas, it has such a heavy thick door on it that it cooks beautifully from front to back.....mmmm homemade pizza, topped with red pesto, panchetta, basil leaves and boccincini or pesto, pumpkin, pine nuts, basil and fetta cheese...yumm...

oops back to the roast, thanks urb...will probably go with roasted veggies and red wine and canna gravy....

thanks urb...... :P

bacchus

Edited by bacchus