Fan/Ducting question

Hey guys, setting up a new grow room/wardrobe wanting some advice on air flow. I will have a 400w HPS running inside a fairly standard sized wardrobe which will be located in my laundry.

I was going to have a 300mm exhaust fan running from the top with some ducting up to the already established exaust fan in the laundry. This way I can have a timer on the fan that i want to run from the wardrobe and if it gets really hot then i can manually switch on the laundry fan too..

Just wondering peoples thoughts on this one and if anyone knows where a good place to find ducting is (and fans for the matter).

Cheers..

That fan will do the job for you if you are only using a 400w.

U can get those fans in bunnings, kmart and other placers for under $20

The ducting u can get on ebay or go to local hydro shop and they will have it.

The way u want to setup u can do but those fans dont push air through ducting very well, if it was me i would put one of those fans in the top of the robe with a light trap build around it and that would do the trick for ya...

hey sinz

yeah as ozzie said that fan should do all ya need i have pretty much the same fan bolted to the side of my wardrobes and they work a treat all ya need is to attach the ducting to the top of ya robe and attach it to ya fan and sort out a timer.

the ducting you can get from alot of electritian wholesalers as well as long as they stock aircon parts

cheerz :D

Thanks fellas, i will get some ducting and run it from the top of robe to the ceiling fan and see how that works.. a timer may be an issue as its hard wired but i will see how I'm timing my lights and try and operate it manually.

Another question.. I heard from a 'friend of a friend' that it is better to paint the robe black inside and not white??? I always thought white would be better as it reflects the light and would therefore be more efficient. But he said that because its a relatively small robe then white would be too much.. not sure what advice to take on this one. any idea where he might be coming from ?