anyone used amgrow pot and peat?

Hi all,

Im having some probs with what to me looks like nute burn on a couple of clones that are 3 weeks old, they are in amgrow black label pot and peat it says its inriched with nitrosol but doesnt actually have any strengths on the bag, just want to check if anyone else has used this soil before and decide for sure if its nute burn or not.

Cheers

Bandit

Hi billpuffalot,

I just got home from another night shift so ill take some pics and post them up later this arvo or tonight, to do this is it just use the attach bar at the bottom of this page whilst writing a message?

Also the water is tap water that i let sit for a couple of weeks in a large container, and then phed with phosphuric acid based ph down to 6.5 and checked with 2 calibrated digital meters to be sure as thats what i also thought might have been the problem and the reason why i bought a second one.

Cheers

Bandit

G'day,

Not sure how this will work out but heres some pics of clone 1 and 2, clone 2 is a bit smaller then 1 and is also very similar to how clone 1 started off, they dont seem to get much yellowing or anything its just like going brown and curling up and dieing at first i noticed it on the lower leaves and have cut a few off and as they died some also fell off, if i didnt have to cut some off they would both be nice and tight little bushy things by now. The larger one is roughly 7 inches and the smaller about 4 inches there was the same distinct size difference when i got them.

This is pretty much my first grow and they are both under 2x4ft cool white flouro about 2inch from the light and max temp is around 29c at the canopy thanks to the 120mm fan i have blowing across them and good venitilation. I use ph 6.5 water as mentioned above and the amgrow soil as mentioned also, i did flush the soil with heaps of 6.5 phed water at first until the run off out of the pots was also a ph of 6.5, have been watering roughly every 3-4 days approx 200-300ml each time. I really dont want these 2 to die as i would like to keep as mothers and grow a couple of clones off them every so oftern.

As far as i have read and can understand with my noob skills is everything else seems ok so perhaps the soil is giving nute burn? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The first 3 pics are of the clone1, the last pic is of clone 2.

post-14453-1202097238_thumb.jpg

post-14453-1202097270_thumb.jpg

post-14453-1202097301_thumb.jpg

post-14453-1202097501_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Bandit

that mate

to me looks like a deficiency

1 0f 2 id say

either some magnesium

or phosphorous maybe..

is there any stem purpling

or the petioles of the leaf??are they red purple?

do u know much of this strain?

wen im in soil i like to water at ph 6.2

i always add some perlite and blood n bone to the mix

i find the plants chew the food in the soil very quick

im usually feeding some soluble nute by week 5 wen growing from clones

but again im not a soil grower..i enjoy coco..

hmm personally mate id sit tight till some1 else more skilled in soil growing comes along..

as u have flushed already i cant suggest much sorry

all the best

bil

Nah i dont know much about the strain except that it is suppose to be a real dank bud, yea the stems are definately purple/redy looking what would that be? I think u might be right about it being a deficiency when i flushed the soil do u think that i would have also been flushing the nutes out of the soil? Edited by Bandit

I always thought purpley signs was a potassium deficiency but then some strains seem to thrown purple anyway , your plants may have been overwatered in relation to light output and plant growth , then a nutrient build up has nearly finished them , if your using nutes and goin by the age of the plants they shouldnt be suffering like that purely on a lack of potassium or other minerals ,clone 2 looks better obviously by the top growth but has still been suffering like clone 1 according to the bottom leaf curl signs etc my 2 cents .

hi naturalmystic,

i havent been adding nutes at all just phed water but i was thinking at first maybe the potting mix is too rich in nutes?? And now im starting to think there could be no nutes left in the soil from flushing,, so torn between weither to add liquid nutes or change to a non nuted soil.