Run To Waste

Howdy.

I've been running Run2Waste for yrs now, feeding twice a day, only when the lights are on. I was told to do that by a hydroshop that i use to frequent. Now I'm being told from another shop that it's best to feed 3 times a day, at 8hr intevals. If you're prefered method is run2waste, i'd love to here about ur feeding times, why you choose to feed at those intervals (theory), what medium u use, and results you're getting.

bb

Edited by BentBuddha

hi buddha,

i use a run to waste system, my medium is perlite 60%/ coco 40%, in the early flower period ( the first 2 or 3 weeks) i feed once a day just after lights on, at around week three or earlier if i feel the plants are not getting enough water i bump that up to 2 times a day, the first water at the same time the second about 5 hours into lights on, i do this for about a week then i give the plants a good flush for at least 3 days, i then hit them with straight PK13-14, ph and ec adjusted of course, then i go back to watering twice a day normally, till about two weeks before harvest, i have found that watering twice a day is plenty, even in heavy flower as i still get a little runoff, hope this helps a bit :bow:

i feed only with lights on wen doing run to waste

i also limit feed with a digi timer

1min feeds 5 x a day

i try to work it so i have a total 20% runoff over the day

this assists in flushing

also run another flow valve in res to get flow right

for me its about pot size root size and medium

i love coco and 5 x 1 min feeds a day are grouse in summer

i find in the cooler months running 3 feeds is ample

all the best

bil

Yo BB,

I've got some plants growing in coco run-to-waste and am only feeding them once a day. That's because the coco I purchased happened to be very fine and retains water too much. Next time I'm going to seek out coarser coco and use a watering program like Billo uses...5 times daily for only a minute or two.

I also have an ebb and flow table and no feedings for any after lights off. The plants go into a different mode of metabolism after dark. No photosynthesis obviously since there's no light.

Dee