Racing Heart?

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this, but I was hoping some of you out there may offer me some advice.

I used to smoke almost constantly, I'd go through an ounce in a few days.

Well, I moved away and alas I had no more weed at my disposal. So, I went without it for a while. Long story short, I developed High Blood Pressure and whenever I smoked afterward it makes my heart race and I guess I kinda fear a heart attack. What strains could I smoke that would have less of that effect and has marijuana ever caused a heart attack?

mj can cause mild heart stress so if you have heart problems it can make a heart attack more likely. All I can suggest is you do all you can in other aspects of your diet/life to reduce stress on your heart and at the end of the day its up to you whether the slight increased risk is worth it for the enjoyment you get from smoking.

Im no authority here but maybe you should look at reducing you blood pressure in the first instance, which in many cases can be acheived without medication...

as for the marijuana increasing heart rate iam of the opinion that it does not have that effect regardless of the strain ... moreover i think you maybe more aware of you heartbeat when under the infulence of marijuana ... are you assuming that your heartbeat increases or do you actually have some method of monitoring it?

take care, life is so precious

:bongon:

Hi TiaKatTee,

I have borderline hypertension right now. It's been bad enough that I was on medication but I stopped drinking coffee (off and on) and exercise more, and the real biggie is to reduce salt in your diet. Certainly a good diet can play a role in your long term heart health.

Ok, so if I'm stressed, and not necessarily emotional stress, but physical fatigue, alcohol, driving all day. Cheating on my no caffeine and no slat regimen...I can feel my blood pressure has gone up. It's a sense of fullness in my neck, an awareness of my heart beat. Sometimes even a few irregular heart beats.

A strong and somewhat harsh pure sativa will bring that on for me. Also, if you are feeling anxious, the anxiety along can cause some of those symptoms. Your blood pressure should be tested now and again. But you can't tell much by one reading. Lots of people get anxious in the Doctor's office and that raises there blood pressure. It's called white coat hypertension.

So try smoking an indica with some nice relaxing body effects. And just because you have mild high blood pressure and can feel your hear beat doesn't mean a heart attack is right around the corner.

But, if you have chest tightness or pain, sweating, anxiety, shortness of breath, pain or numbness in your arm or arms or jaw...those are some symptoms of a heart attack and get to the emergency room if that happens.

Peace,

Dee

i remember watching a documentary hosted by psychiatrist John Marsden where he looked into the alcohol. I think it was an episode of "Body Hits". edit: yep

i distinctly remember him saying that alcohol LOWERS blood pressure near instantly (i think by relaxing smooth muscle tissue?) - and this gives alcohol it's well known effects for good heart health (ie: have a glass of wine with every meal etcetc).

but when i do google searches on alcohol and blood pressure it's just a bunch of anti-alcohol addiction websites saying alcohol gives you HIGH blood pressure.

fkn internet

thc dialates small cappillaries

seen

which reduces blood pressure

and also explains why the heart tends to beat a little faster

check diss book

Written by Joan Bello

A wholly enlightening reading experience! ‘The Benefits of Marijuana’ is the most holistic book on Therapeutic Cannabis (that I have read) to date.

a must for every budding herbalist

developed High Blood Pressure and whenever I smoked afterward it makes my heart race and I guess I kinda fear a heart attack. What strains could I smoke that would have less of that effect and has marijuana ever caused a heart attack?

Sativa dominant strains can cause a racing heart.

therefore you want a indica dominant strain. (nothern lights is a pure indica)

there has been no deaths atrributed to smoking cannabis..anywhere..ever!!...and ive never heard of it causing a heart attack...so hopefully that quells your fear...

personally i like the speeded up pulse of a good sativa..wheeee!!!! yabbadabbadoo!!!